Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   driving along and truck shuts down (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/47774-driving-along-truck-shuts-down.html)

1993firstgennewbie 04-02-2010 11:47 AM

driving along and truck shuts down

last night i was driving with my trailer and my truck died while in motion i still had lights but no power to the dash except the buzzer no wait to start or radio, so i started looking for a fuse box wich i never found so if you could help me with that also it would be great. So i called my buddy for a tow and he asked if i had lights on my trailer and i checked them and one was out (they work fine on my other truck ) so i jiggled the harness and the light came back on, then i continued looking for the fuse box (never found) and then i got cold and got back in the truck turnd the key and it started right up do you think the trailer lights could have caused that or is it something else please help also it wasnt hot egts were ok assuming my shitty gauge works boost was ok to and it wasnt hot:argh:

pewder 04-02-2010 11:51 AM

The fuse box in right under the steering column. It clips onto the dash so it is tucked up under the very front of the dash. Kinda a shitty design if ya ask me.

1993firstgennewbie 04-02-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by pewder (Post 529311)
The fuse box in right under the steering column. It clips onto the dash so it is tucked up under the very front of the dash. Kinda a shitty design if ya ask me.

with all the wires pluged to it and it just hangs there like a turd on a rope i didnt even see fuses on that thing

pewder 04-02-2010 01:09 PM

Ha ha. That would be it. And you wont see fuses until you pull it down. The fuses are conveniently pointed towards the dash making really hard to identify when getting down there for the first time. The one in my dads truck we can't even got to stay up there any more :s:because of redoing so much wiring and it catching on fire and shooting flames right between my dads legs.:scare2: ha ha ha

big bad diesel 416 04-02-2010 03:31 PM

look on the back side of the fule pump dodges shitty wiring causes my hot wire on the shutdown solenoid to come off or get loose and kill the truck and have exactly the same effect as your describing here look at that if it is at all loose replace the space connector

Brice

1993firstgennewbie 04-02-2010 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by big bad diesel 416 (Post 529419)
look on the back side of the fule pump dodges shitty wiring causes my hot wire on the shutdown solenoid to come off or get loose and kill the truck and have exactly the same effect as your describing here look at that if it is at all loose replace the space connector

Brice

the ijector pump or the actual fuell pump in the tank

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

thats the one thing that i hate about any cummins is that its designed by fuckin dodge now fix it again tony too bad ford cant get the cummins:argh:

big bad diesel 416 04-02-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1993firstgennewbie (Post 529429)
the ijector pump or the actual fuell pump in the tank

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

thats the one thing that i hate about any cummins is that its designed by fuckin dodge now fix it again tony too bad ford cant get the cummins:argh:

the injector pump

1993firstgennewbie 04-02-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by big bad diesel 416 (Post 529455)
the injector pump

https://www.dieselbombers.com/member...old-iphone.jpg

heres what i found brice if this is the problem could you explain why it started again wo it being conected thnx again :c:

big bad diesel 416 04-02-2010 06:21 PM

thats the KSB not the shut down its on the back side of the pump

NadirPoint 04-02-2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1993firstgennewbie (Post 529491)
...heres what i found brice if this is the problem

You should probably plug that one back in, too. A good fix for those is to solder ring terminals on the ends of the wires and replace the spade lugs with the ring terminals so they can't come off so easily. An even better solution is to lose the shutdown solenoid altogether by gutting it and installing a pull cable.