Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   What Do You Love About Your 1st Gen? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/15807-what-do-you-love-about-your-1st-gen.html)

UCTJ 04-27-2012 07:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread!

I made my own cold air kit. I used an aFe dry air filter, 4" of stainless tubing a 4"x4" 45* elbow, a 4.5"x4.5" 45* elbow with a reducer 4.5" to 4". I cut the tubing to about 12" and greased the inside of one of the elbows to move the tubing in and out easier. :lol88:

I just kept the OE air box but used a holesawl to swiss cheese it to allow more air flow in. Yes I know there is some debate ie it allows hot air to be sucked in etc but I dont care if it was crapping icecubes there is only so much its going to gain me. Anyway here are the pictures.
Before & after.

1stgenblowingsmoke 04-27-2012 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by UCTJ (Post 888303)
Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread!

I made my own cold air kit. I used an aFe dry air filter, 4" of stainless tubing a 4"x4" 45* elbow, a 4.5"x4.5" 45* elbow with a reducer 4.5" to 4". I cut the tubing to about 12" and greased the inside of one of the elbows to move the tubing in and out easier. :lol88:

I just kept the OE air box but used a holesawl to swiss cheese it to allow more air flow in. Yes I know there is some debate ie it allows hot air to be sucked in etc but I dont care if it was crapping icecubes there is only so much its going to gain me. Anyway here are the pictures.
Before & after.

To be honest on a turbo diesel as soon as that air hits the turbo it's heated anyway so sucking in air from the engine compartment is not a big deal. I run a bhaf without and shielding from the motor.

1STGENFARMBOY 04-27-2012 09:44 PM

but if your sucking in air that is 40* cooler then you will see an EGT drop of 40*.

sullivanatc 05-13-2012 11:48 PM

I like no matter how fast i turn the key she starts up
I like every time i stand on it im always looking at a cloud behind me!
I like when my wife rides in it she laughs and bounces around in the cab:woot:
I like how even the newer cummins guys give me a thumbs up in town:rocking:
I like how my father says "Sure like your truck Jay" every time i stop by (even though he got a 05)
I like most everything about these old trucks

1stgenblowingsmoke 05-14-2012 12:56 AM

I love the fact that I slid my 90 sideways through some 8x8 fence posts over a log n into a bunch of greasewood trees n I opened the door climbed out, waited for a tow outta there got her back to the road inspected it n drove her home, t-case wouldn't come outta 4wd n frame was bent but me n my passenger walked away without a scratch.

12 valve and proud 06-10-2012 09:37 AM

What do I love about my first gen? OK here it goes!

Its the first truck I ever rode in and was bought by my dad when i was 3. I get compliments almost every time I drive it to town. Nails aren't as tough at this truck. I've never hooked up to something that it couldn't tow with ease. I just look like a plain bad ass cruising through town, :rocking: especially when them wannabe lifted chevy's roll up next to me and I ask them why they lift a truck that's never seen the mud :argh: as they roll up their windows in envy I turn back in black on and toss my shades on :citd: and personally i feel sorry for them.

It reminds me every day of the good old days when people had respect and humility. I can't drive that truck without buying some peanuts and a coke to toss them in. It just flat out makes you want to make a coke float with some vanilla ice cream. You cant take a ride in my truck unless you like blasting Eagles and AC/DC over the alpine stereo system.

It was my first truck and I have always loved it and the same goes for my son. Its going to be his first truck and every time I drive down the driveway to leave he starts crying because he wants a ride in his daddy's truck but I know he will be driving it around the yard with me in the passenger seat in a few years like I did when i was 6 with my dad. This truck was not only built to be tough but it makes so many good memories! I will never forget the day I let my son take the steering wheel and we drove around the yard laughing the entire time :jump: the same way I did when I was 3 with my dad.

So long story short my old 12 valve and I have a long history from diapers to college. It runs like a dream and it never has had a single problem. Built like a tank I commandeer the road like a man should. l will never regret the day I asked for my first vehicle to be my dads dodge.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by That93Guy (Post 844676)
If you're driving one of these around, you Are a badass!:citd:

We are all on the same page on this one! You can't drive it without some shades and even when your wife is in the car because your so bad ass you give girls thumbs up for being almost as sexy as your truck! :citd:

But your wife doesn't mind you doing that because her man is driving a truck that so bad ass that all the women stop and stare knowing that the man driving that truck is a MAN :yeah: instead of their girly boyfriend that thinks *Swag* is a cool thing.

That93Guy 06-11-2012 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by 12 valve and proud (Post 903464)
What do I love about my first gen? OK here it goes!

Its the first truck I ever rode in .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............that so bad ass that all the women stop and stare knowing that the man driving that truck is a MAN :yeah: instead of their girly boyfriend that thinks *Swag* is a cool thing.

That's an epic post if ive ever seen one...

firstgenfreak93 07-02-2012 05:35 PM

It don't get no better than the fuel milage and beastly stance. I have 3 inch lift and 33s and love the way mine sits higher than most lifted trucks in town. Plus, nobody else has one by me. I also the simplicity and roominess of the motor in the engine bay. First gens forever!!!! Screw plug in power!

92.w350 08-19-2012 06:26 PM

I love the fact that a can fix my truck if it breaks down unlike the new ones. Its simple and easy to work on. I love that its loud and has brute power. I love that people stare as i cruise by because these trucks are becoming rare in restored form.

tampabaybill 08-27-2012 09:49 AM

Love my TRUCK

My 93 looks like a TRUCK, sounds like a TRUCK, and rides like a TRUCK ! I love that I can figure out how it works and can fix it when it breaks. I love how with some some simple mods that are mostly inexpensive and some IP tweaks I can blow off much newer and supposedly more powerful cars and trucks. I really love how it can be a neverending project that keeps me looking for more performance,comfort and milage. I love always getting " Hey man thats a really cool old truck, want to sell it " every time I park it away from the house. So yeah I love my TRUCK !