Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   Performance Intake (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/106422-performance-intake.html)

1stgenblowingsmoke 12-11-2012 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by bladeyamaha (Post 970286)

This intake only works if you get the intake plenum machined off the head then drill n tap the head to bolt this one in place of the stock 12v intake plenum.

geddy's uncle 12-13-2012 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by 92betsy (Post 970485)
The link might not work, but if you take 2 seconds to type the website in it brings it right up. I built mine with 2 silicone boots, clamps, 4" exhaust pipe, a BHAF, and a heat sheild for less than $100. Air goes to the filter before intercooler, but the intake manifold is not the same as an intake. So you should figure out what your saying before running your mouth to people who make sense. Just my opinion.:w2:

your link didn't work right, simply because these guys :c: showed up as part of the address. If you'll go put a space between the end of the address and the :-c-: it'll work, and the beerguys won't get their party interrupted.... And I suspect he was looking for a cold air/BHAF setup, rather than the hugely more-involved stainless intake.

92betsy 12-14-2012 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by geddy's uncle (Post 971580)
your link didn't work right, simply because these guys :c: showed up as part of the address. If you'll go put a space between the end of the address and the :-c-: it'll work, and the beerguys won't get their party interrupted.... And I suspect he was looking for a cold air/BHAF setup, rather than the hugely more-involved stainless intake.

Not my link but saw it as a good link for a BHAF build. I assume he wanted a cold air intake though. Any 1st genner spending 1200 on a intake though doesn't run a VE pump was my main point. Didnt want to argue but some people can't take reality with ought getting bum hurt. IMHO.

geddy's uncle 12-14-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 92betsy (Post 971611)
Not my link but saw it as a good link for a BHAF build. I assume he wanted a cold air intake though. Any 1st genner spending 1200 on a intake though doesn't run a VE pump was my main point. Didnt want to argue but some people can't take reality with ought getting bum hurt. IMHO.

point taken..... has anybody noticed that the O.P. hasn't been back? We've all been mumbling amongst ourselves in his absence. Makes ya wonder sometimes.

Screamin' Metal 12-28-2012 11:28 AM

Sorry Guys.....damn computers!
Intake Hoses, IntakeTubing, and Intake Clamps

montepig72 12-29-2012 08:21 PM

I think the sport compact tuner world is to thank for the confusion on this post. They have changed the reference to an "intake" from an intake manifold to what the air filter clamps to. I had the same argument with some friends who were into Honda's until I realized all they meant was air filter.