Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   12 valve high egts (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/59634-12-valve-high-egts.html)

bean farms 09-28-2010 10:37 PM

12 valve high egts

im having problems out of my 12 valve just put twins on it the top turbo is a tec 62 the bottom is a garret ht3b i have 4" ex. 4k govener springs afc turned all the way out 100 plate timming at 14.5 stock injectors havent decided what i want to go with yet i tow alot is the reason for the twins everbody say they run cooler mine will 1200deg. at the drop of a hat a little help please

rkadcock 09-28-2010 11:42 PM

Well running twins with stock injectors doesn't help to much because your more than likely not getting your primary to get going.... Some SDX 5x.012 injectors would be a mild upgrade and probably be able to get your turbos moving along with a nice bump in power while being able to pull some descent size loads

But, what kind of transmission do you have? Stock auto, manuel? I only ask because you didn't say anything about it. The stock auto want last to long, also a standard will only go so far as well without a good clutch?

bean farms 09-29-2010 12:06 AM

its a 5 speed im fixing to go threw it and re-build it i have a dual disc south bend im goin to put in it and i was thinking about 5x.014 for injectors but didnt no if that be to much for towing i thought it might be ok beens i got so much air there to suport it how much horsepower & turque could i get out off this set up with 5x.012 or 5x.014

BIG NIG 09-29-2010 12:11 AM

first of all, it doesnt sound like your getting the bottom turbo spooled at all...14.5° timing???????SERIOUSLY??????? timing will lower temps also, you need a few 4+ degree's more. what year of engine, depends on the pump to know how much fuel your getting

bean farms 09-29-2010 12:16 AM

well i rely dont now were my timming needs to be my pump is a 98 215 pump will advancing my timming hurt my bottom end power just curious also i dont have studs or rings didnt plan on goin over 40psi on my boost

BIG NIG 09-29-2010 12:38 AM

you might loose a little bottom end, but you have a hand shaker so who cares..at 40lbs your getting 8-10 out of the bottom turbo, not enough to make the egt's drop. Take the timing to 16° or so

bean farms 09-29-2010 12:45 AM

ok ill try that do you think that will lower my egts . what about injectors? what do i need to go with and still be able to tow and what amount of horsepower and turque can i get will bigger injector lines help any i would like to get that lope and will that kill my fuel milage

FastCR 09-29-2010 12:49 AM

x3, bump your timing up. your not gonna get anywhere lowering EGTs with it that low. Do you have studs? If so I'd be running 18-22*, but thats me...

bean farms 09-29-2010 01:04 AM

no head studs

rkadcock 09-29-2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by bean farms (Post 628453)
ok ill try that do you think that will lower my egts . what about injectors? what do i need to go with and still be able to tow and what amount of horsepower and turque can i get will bigger injector lines help any i would like to get that lope and will that kill my fuel milage

How much weight are you towing? That'll be a big factor into what injectors to get. If towing heavy, SDX 5x12s would be good. 5x14s may be pushing it a little to far, but it may be doable if your not trying to tow something huge...

Bigger fuel lines do nothing for power and it's not a VP pump so you won't get a lope on your truck from sticking bigger lines on it. Also I don't think you'll want a lope if your towing, as a loping engine tends to be less street friendly