Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   need smoke (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/57005-need-smoke.html)

Reather be cummin 08-20-2010 12:53 AM

need smoke

Hey im new to this sit and i had a question i have a 95 cummins and i want some smoke im only 16 and learning about this stuff i have messed with the smoke screw but thats about it i could really use some help

Thanks dylan

Bigred7.3 08-20-2010 01:01 AM

Get a programer they have always done well with making smoke haha

Reather be cummin 08-20-2010 02:18 AM

thanks man

Captain Call 08-20-2010 02:53 AM

:argh:

tiremann9669 08-20-2010 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bigred7.3 (Post 608266)

A programmer on a 95 :argh::s:

AF1CUMMINS 08-20-2010 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bigred7.3 (Post 608266)

That's f#$ked up man. Educate the kid a little, don't be a d!ck.

Reather be cummin 08-20-2010 09:53 AM

:humm:well could you tell me anything sir

93_Fummins 08-20-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Reather be cummin (Post 608351)
:humm:well could you tell me anything sir

First question is, why do you want smoke? Second question is, do you understand the pitfalls to having a smokey rig? Third question is, have you checked out the helpful hints in the 2nd Gen 12 valve section?

Smoke, albiet it "cool" to some, is in fact very hot. Black smoke is essentially unburned fuel exiting the engine thus resulting in very high exhaust side temperatures. A poorly tuned "smokey" diesel could have catastrophic results if not properly driven or re-tuned. If smoke is all you are worried about, you better have a spare motor ready...I have a melted piston to prove the point behind my theory. What you should be looking for is a balance of power, reliability, and maybe a little show off cloud now and then. Do you and your truck a favor and check out some of the threads in the section specific to your truck. Knowledge is the real power.

As a hint for your trusty '95...AFC, Fuel Plate, Smoke Screw, and GAUGES. Learn to master them in a responsible manner and you will get the power your desire.

Also, if you already have this diesel, don't post in "potential owners" thread...it just pisses off the mods.

Farmboy 2.0 08-20-2010 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by 93_Fummins (Post 608375)
First question is, why do you want smoke? Second question is, do you understand the pitfalls to having a smokey rig? Third question is, have you checked out the helpful hints in the 2nd Gen 12 valve section?

Smoke, albiet it "cool" to some, is in fact very hot. Black smoke is essentially unburned fuel exiting the engine thus resulting in very high exhaust side temperatures. A poorly tuned "smokey" diesel could have catastrophic results if not properly driven or re-tuned. If smoke is all you are worried about, you better have a spare motor ready...I have a melted piston to prove the point behind my theory. What you should be looking for is a balance of power, reliability, and maybe a little show off cloud now and then. Do you and your truck a favor and check out some of the threads in the section specific to your truck. Knowledge is the real power.

As a hint for your trusty '95...AFC, Fuel Plate, Smoke Screw, and GAUGES. Learn to master them in a responsible manner and you will get the power your desire.

Also, if you already have this diesel, don't post in "potential owners" thread...it just pisses off the mods.

I agree 100%. Get the knowledge you need before you screw with things. I don't wanna be a d!ck but we don't need a bunch of little kids running around giving us diesel guys a bad name. Set your truck up to be a clean decently powered truck that every once in a will you can puff a cloud of smoke

jumpnjed 08-20-2010 01:31 PM

For one thing a 95 12v cummins is a mechanical engine unlike the 24V. Use the search button for information on tuning your afc and slididng your fuel plate. Excessive smoke is just a waste and gives us all a bad name. I would get gauges first to monitor boost and EGT's before any mods. Then tune your afc as desired. Your actually getting off easy in this thread as I have seen others ask the same question and get butchered. Just do your research. And if you have an automatic you better be ready to upgrade, the stock dodge tranny is junk but with some good parts inside them they can hold some good numbers.