Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   High EGTS HELP (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/115600-high-egts-help.html)

4x4manonbroke 10-01-2013 08:43 PM

when you get the timing squared away then worry about the injectors, your putting the cart ahead of the horse my friend.....

if you dont have head studs, your gonna want to do them before you even think about ramping up the timing.... this will add cylinder pressure which WILL LIFT HEAD.... take my word I have one thats leaking currently ... :td:

get studs, then timing up to 18* , then do some adjustments on fuel pressure and return pressure as well, then lets talk about egt's and injectors, your HX35 will support around 400HP .. a lil hot but its really do able,

cummins Pride 10-01-2013 09:47 PM

400hp i wouldnt like my hx35 anywere by that:w2:

4x4manonbroke 10-02-2013 08:14 PM

its all in the tuning.... it will do it ... have to open up the intake and such but it is safly do-able ........:tu:

Big black 10-03-2013 06:57 AM

As of right now if i put my foot to the floor i burry the EGT gauge in seconds. I am going to advance timeing this weekend to 16* and see what that goes and i will keep you guys updated

turbo2332 10-03-2013 05:56 PM

your gauge is messed up.

4x4manonbroke 10-03-2013 08:45 PM

It could be the guage ..... what brand do you have in it ?

you will need to back your star wheel twards the fender and push fuel plate back wards ... tards the fire wall .....

There only a few reasons for high Egt's ....1.) is too much fuel not enough air Volume ( psi is jut a measurment o restriction ) , 2.) Not enough volume of air for your specific tune , 3.) blocked or clogged CAC or interference from something infront of the CAC ...

there are manny ways to solve the flow issue, get a bigger intake set up ( IE. banks twin ram ) , the other is a turbo that can mve enough air to suppot the ammount of fuel your tying to feed the cylinders, this can be done single or twins, just make sure you have done your homework or it will be expencive play toys for the kids ..LOL

Either way an Improperly adjusted AFC will create artificially high EGT isues .... lean and tune and learn to tune :tu:

Big black 10-04-2013 06:33 AM

how could my gauge be messed up? and how could i test it?

4x4manonbroke 10-04-2013 11:37 AM

U would use a different guage and probe and see if u get the same results ........ also where is ur pyro located ? Pre-turbo or post ? ..... also r u running a aftermarket or stock manifold ?

Please take the time to fill out your sig so we all know what has been done ..... like kdp neutralized

turbo2332 10-04-2013 05:24 PM

how deep is the probe installed? and what brand gauge is it. has the thermocoupler ever been dropped? has the wires ever been shortened or severely bent? there is no way your engine is getting this hot, you simply do not have the fuel to get you there and besides that you have a larger than stock charger.

pre turbo will read hotter than post turbo brand of gauge can... not always cause you issues. proper installation can give faulty readings.

ClemstrucksRus 10-05-2013 09:30 AM

if your engine is getting that hot that fast and your gauge is maxed out like that often then I would say you would be running into other more serious problems

I would check out the gauge