Motor Knocking - Diesel Bombers
Diesel Bombers
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Ok, let me start off by saying that my 09 has been in the shop 3 times for emissions related trouble. You can read all my posts to catch up. 2009 15,500 miles. Yesterday afternoon, I started my truck and it sounded like the normal ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

Motor Knocking

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Diesel Fan
Muffler Yanker

View Member's FaceBook Profile

mad Motor Knocking

Ok, let me start off by saying that my 09 has been in the shop 3 times for emissions related trouble. You can read all my posts to catch up. 2009 15,500 miles. Yesterday afternoon, I started my truck and it sounded like the normal diesel chatter but accompanied by a loud knock coming from the engine block (Drivers Side) I climbed in the hood and under the truck, but could not narrow the knock down before it just QUIT. Sounded like a rod knocking. I mean really loud. Even my wife said "WHAT IS THAT NOISE" and she knows NOTHING about diesels other than they don't sound like her car. Any ideas?

Ahamiam's Sig:2009 Dodge 4x4 Quad Cab SLT 2500 Auto Cummins 6.7l K&N Cold Air Intake. H&S Mini Maxx w/pyrometer, H&S EGR/Cooler Delete, 5inch FloPro Turbo Back Exhaust w/muffler 6 inch tip. 20,000 miles. Love my truck. Hate my Engine Light.

"STUPIDITY SHOULD BE PAINFUL"
Old 11-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
still smoking

Sounds like a rod..or atleast from my experience thats what they've sounded like before they went walking out the side of my block

CoalTrain99's Sig:2012 6.7 Fx4 King Ranch Bronze and Tan. Bone Stock for now 347 rwhp on the dyno
08 6.7 Lonsestar Edition SWB Quad Cab 2wd On 22s- H&S XRT w/overdrive & 5 Inch TBE ISSPRO ev2s Afe Mega Cannon and a little happy gas. 573hp/1242lbft
99 7.3- with countless mods 612hp/1002lbft on nitrous