5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Heres a boneheaded stunt I pulled......

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Heres a boneheaded stunt I pulled......

SO I buy a new Gov pressure sensor and gov pressure solenoid the other day, and decide to put it in after work one night. I take the tranny pan off, drill a hole it in so i can put a drain plug in it, sake the olde solenoid and switch out and put the new items in. I put the pan back on, put the new fluid in, start it up, get it warm, check the fluid level and make sure everything is good to go. I put it in reverse, back it outta the barn, put it in drive and go to take off gently and it seems as though I am a very tall gear. The first thing I think of is "OH ****!! WHAT DID I SCREW UP? I AINT GOT 6 GRAND FOR A NEW TRANNY!!!" SO i stop and try to think of the things I did in reverse, trying to think of where I went wrong!!! My father and I talk it through......"Did you do this?.....YES, did you put this back on?.............YES, did you plug this back in?..........YES!!!!! For the life of me I couldn't think of what the hell i did wrong! So.....I commense on draining the NEW fluid, through the NEW drain plug I put in after installing the NEW pressure sensor and NEW pressure solenoid. Took the pan back off, all while having a sense of de-ja-vu, and was looking at the connectors for the 2 items mentioned above. Both were plugged in and I got this empty feeling in my stomach like I just committed a crime or something. And after further investigation, I see that there is a little red snap clip that looked to be out of place on the solenoid electrical connection.......I snapped it back in place.....not thinking that this could possibly be the reason why my tranny won't shift, but guess what??????? THAT WAS THE REASON!! So instead of taking about 2 hours to do on a Friday friggen night, it took me closer to 3! SO for those of you that want to change these 2 items in your 48RE tranny, remember to snap that little red clip in place BEFORE putting the pan back on!!! I guess after working 14 hours and driving an hour each way to and from work, got the best of me and I overlooked the LITTLE RED CLIP!!!!!!!LMAO

The following users liked this post:
Klickster102 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 310 Likes on 299 Posts

WHOOOPS! Gotta hate them long *** days. Your brain just turns into MUSH.......

Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did one of them before, trying to get quads ready for big weekend out at the dunes. Dropped oil changed air filters topped off coolant checked batteries load truck and trailer and then proceed to poor 15 dollar quart onto the ground... Felt like a moron. Lol one job at a time next time