5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Door Lock!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock!!!

Hey guys, Ive been searching through the forum to find out if this was a common thing but I couldnt find anything. Well my drivers door lock is stuck..luckily in the lock position. It won't budge with force or with the fob. It will move enough to open the door from the outside if I put a little pressure on the key while.turning. however I don't wanna keep doing this and further damage my lock. Is there any common easy fix? I believe its the lock actuator froze up and before i buy a new one im looking for opinions. The actuator looks like a PITA to change. Thanks fellas O and as a side note, the power lock IS working. Just not budging my lock

Old 02-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

The manual key lock on mine was never right since day 1. I kept shooting WD-40 in there on a regular basis until it finally became somewhat reliable. It's still picky and needs the key fiddled with and pulled out a hair to engage and turn. POS.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine worked fine for like 6 months then I ht the button and.....nothing. i googled around and found that it was a common issue among dodge rams. I was really suprised to not find a thread here on DB about it.