Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I have owned several modified ford diesel trucks but this dodge cummins i have now is my work truck & stock besides the air cleaner. What is the best combination to get the most MPG? I drive 200 miles a day without a trailer. 2003 ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Diesel Fan

Default 2003 Dodge Cummins MPG

I have owned several modified ford diesel trucks but this dodge cummins i have now is my work truck & stock besides the air cleaner.
What is the best combination to get the most MPG?
I drive 200 miles a day without a trailer.
2003 Dodge 2500, crew cab, long box, 5.9 with automatic, & 305,000 miles.
With this high of miles im afraid to add HP but would like better than 18 MPG.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:54 PM
High Tech Redneck

Jacob Boness

mines a manual 4x4 with 35's and a lift and can easily get 18 with my steup. Best Ive gotten was 23.8 this summer going south on a road trip.

But open up the exhaust better intake and my truck is always on lvl 6 on my Smarty

Red_Rattler's Sig:JAKE

DIESEL BOMBERS SUPER MODERATOR

CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER AKA BOMBARDIER
03Flame Red 2500 4x4 QuadCab Handshaker HO,Kore HP Kit, Smarty REVO, AIRDOG II 165, Banks TechniCooler, K&N FIPK, MBRP Cool Duals 6inch tips, GunSlinger Pistol Grip Shifter, SRT Inine 6 Hood, Jacobs Brake

95 2500 4X4 Ext Cab Handshaker "BUCKN' BADGER"
Old 11-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Diesel Fan

O, Yes i forgot to saw the exaust was cut off between the cab & box.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

im a solid 19-23. with the manual. how much weight are you hauling around? you might be able to gain something there.

s10driver85's Sig:2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Larime, quad cab 6spd. Tough country 4.5 lift. 35x1250r17 nitto trail grapplers e rated. Custom light rack, bull bar 2 kc day lighters marine electric spot light, go rhino steps. Yukon free spin hubs. Auto meter factory matched pyro, boost rail pressure gauges. BD low pressure switch. GDP 2 micron filter. south bend dual disk. S.S. 4 inch turbo back(muffler delete) A.F.E. stage II. and a smarty.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

How fast do you drive? How much town? How Meany stop lights? How much do you idle? There is a lot of how you drive! I get 19-20-21 it is jest how hard I push it. In town from 18 to 15 and that is how Meany stop and go. I live in a town that has 8 stop light I try to miss then all I can 18 in my home town.

Last edited by AABEAR; 11-20-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Diesel Fan

Best I ever got was 25. Not typical and I was coasting and driving like a old man. Normal is 18-19.

Plowboydually's Sig:2003 Dodge Cummins 4 door, auto, 305 hp, 4x4
1999 Dodge Cummins, 5 speed, 4x4, Edge Juice w/attitude, MBRP exhaust, B&W turnover ball hitch, 13inch Valair Clutch sold!
1993 Dodge Cummins, Auto, 4x4, 325,000 miles
Old 12-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Diesel Fan

check valve lash, keep rpm below 2100, don't use cruise control, avoid erratic acceleration. oh yeah-work it occasionally, or you'll ruin it. happy motoring!

submit to reddit