5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.9

Ok Hi First of all I would like to say thank you to diesel bombers this site has help me on so many diff things. I have decided to join and start asking. This will be a lengthy one but plz read, here goes.

Ok 05 dodge 2500 cummins 5.9L turbo diesel. Had an issue with the fuel injector pump fixed that, none timed fuel inj pump, and then this guy walkes into the shop and w/o me knowing pulled out my ECM. needless to say i had to get a new ECM wire harness. ok rewired that put it in and cranked her up only to hear it burping out the exhaust and no start. replaced cam and crank sensors still no go. took to stealership to have PCM reprogramed told me didnt need to cuz it wasnt ever taken out. told me i need an new motor, my camshaft was broke. REALLY!!!!!!!! Left there took to an independent person he tuned it over w me looking. if u r facing the engine from the front the rockers on the right are moving but the left are not. the thing that is blowing my mind is it all ran just fine wen i pulled it into the shop now it doesnt. HELP ME PLZ!!!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor
Received 107 Likes on 99 Posts

1. the injection pump on a CR has nothing to do with injection timing so thats not an issue

2. any reason they took the ecm off?

3. it is really weird that the exhaust rockers are not moving but if the cam was broken then the intake valves from that point back wouldnt move either

4. what was the reason it went into the shop in the first place? hard start?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:03 PM

The reason it went to the shop was a piece on the injection pump broke. the reason the ecm was taken off was some idiot came into the shop and said oh look, yank. needless to say he screwed that all up!!!! and like i said the exhaust rockers arnt moving but the intake are. wondering if when we rewired the new ecm do you think we mixed up a wire?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

ok yeah i've seen a handfull of these pumps "gernade" like that

so were the connectors messed up and you had to wire new ones in or whats going on there? did the idiot not just unplug it?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:41 PM

Gernade? plz expain He just unpluged it!!! Yes the wires werent in the best of shape but dang they still worked! once he did that i couldnt get the little wire plugs back in and then he came in again and shoved the two pieces together and broke about 5 of the prongs. so thats why i needed a new one that i rewired. we pulled up the wire diagram and went off that, it matched what i had so i am hoping its just that. but if i have a wire crossed somewhere would that cause the rocker problems?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:25 PM
FormerVendor

no a wire cant cause the rocker problem

do you mean that the plug on the back of the pump was broken?

so some of the prongs on your ecm got broken?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 PM

the part on the pump that broke was the part that went from the pump to the line to feed the rail. The prongs that were bent, more like smash, by the idiot were on the ecm.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

He was having problems with his fuel pump, then some dumbass came in and said it was his ECm and yanked it out and fucked it up, then tried fixing it and fucked it up even more. Did i get that right? And btw, stop letting people other than yourself and technicians under your hood.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:25 AM

hahahahahaha that was funny youngblood but you have it right sad thing is the idiot is a certified machanic. thats the only reason he was under the hood. needless to say he wasnt after that!!!! and now we are fubared big time! dont know wtf is going on! but thanks for the laugh needed it.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

hmm i do believe there is a pretty damn good company that builds performance diesel motors out in colorado, i'll have to look up what city and etc and i'd suggest just avoiding any more setbacks and just take it to them to fix. I'll do some digging and come back with the address.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Wow I'm retarded, definitely had a brain fart there , it's ATS Diesel in Arvada, CO. I can't believe i forgot them. But here is their address and #, etc.

5293 Ward Road
Arvada, CO 80002
(800) 949-6002 Open Weekdays 8am-5:30pm

give them a call and get your truck to them and it will get fixed the right way, no more monkeys just yankin on ****.

Last edited by Youngblood; 09-06-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: 5.9