5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Power woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power woes

While driving for a decent amount of time (say 1 hour) on rolling hills at highway speeds, not necessarily towing a trailer. My truck acts strange...

It will seem to bog down and stay in the low rpm range and it seems that about 60-70 percent of power is lost when this happens. Fuel tank was checked for gunk as well as filter and came back clean.

Have not inspected fuel pump, thoroughly to see if it going out. I assume it is not going out cause normally when the pumps are going out it is alot more of a constant thing like pressure loss and all that.

I will be replacing the pump either way as well as the KDP which is irrelevant to this.

Could it be the TPS?

Replaced all filters and cleaned all elements and everything possible. Just not sure as to what it could be!

If you have ridden a two stroke and gone up a large hill when it boggs down is exactly what it does, the more fuel given the more throaty but still no power...