Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

What does it sound like? I have checked my valves and among other things and still at 1800 to 2300 rpms with no real pull I have a knock rattle like metal tapping. I don't want to drop a pile of money changing parts if ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's FaceBook Profile

Default Injector Knock

What does it sound like? I have checked my valves and among other things and still at 1800 to 2300 rpms with no real pull I have a knock rattle like metal tapping. I don't want to drop a pile of money changing parts if I can narrow it down. Any help please!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:20 PM
BOMBARDIER

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

How does it run when you first start it in the morning?? Mileage ok, no fuel in the oil??

wildbill's Sig:
2006 Ram Cummins
"RAMPAGE"

Old 04-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Diesel Fan

no fuel in oil, seems to run fine when I first start. When at low idle it purrs like a kittin when cold and kicks to high idle has a blurp in it but nothing serious. I figured that was just from the 3 cylinder high idle I heard about. No excessive smoke. Just when you get to 1800 it kinda metallic knock. Only when not under load. Going crazy here. Worried something is wrong but don't know what it is and I don't want to just start throwing parts at it. I have never heard a injector knock or rattle so I really have nothing to go off of. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

Can you turn your high idle off

Billy D's Sig:87 YJ with a work in progress 4BT
95 RC, 2wd new auto trani, stock, 208k.
90 LE250, 2wd, unmolested, 298k+, and going strong, tilt, air, cruise with a 4" pipe. Deny T #2, with a spring, Amsoil Nano filter.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Diesel Fan

no, don't think so, if so I don't know how
Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Diesel Fan

Do you think I should recheck the valves, It really sounds like valve rattle
Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Diesel Fan

mine is doing the exact same thing. idk what the hell it is but i say not injectors cuz my injectors are only 2 weeks old and it sounds like we are havin the same issues with the knocking

LoneOakCummins21's Sig:2004 crew cab powerstroke king ranch: 4 in exhaust, EGR delete
Just Sold: 2005 Dode cummins 3500 crew cab. 6spd 5 in straight pipe 7 in tip., Quadzilla Xzillaraider2, quadzilla boost fooler, ISSPRO gauges(boost, pyro, fuel pressure).
RIP: 2001 Dodge cummins ext cab 5 spd. six gun, FASS pump, 100 hp injectors, vp44 HOT ROD, boost fooler, Banks intake manifold, banks cold air intake, head studs, bored 30 over
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Diesel Fan

Thank god someone is with me, it is crazy and driving me nuts. It has my stomach in knots just thinking about it. Gonna pull the valve cover again this weekend, try it cold and try it hot. Anyone know if cold lash is different than hot lash.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Diesel Fan

id say run some fuel additive and hope like hell that that will fix it. but you also gotta remeber that cummins have a weird "knock" to them anyways so it might just be the way the cards fall
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

I'm running into the same issue with my truck, but I'm running stacked programmers and it only does it when Its cold..so wtf??

muddinfreak89's Sig:2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4dr short bed Diablo sport Predator/MP-8 stack, fass 150/250 industrials cp3 bag o parts upgrade, s&b intake elbow whistlen whilly stage 2 , thunder 330 turbo 7" mitres 6" lift and 37" bogger full billet trans with manual valve body 4.11 gears and arb air lockers( special thanks to Jason of Diesel Nut Motorsports)

submit to reddit