5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

no start and stumped! 07 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no start and stumped! 07 5.9

Ok, my truck won’t start, I’m stuck and I’ve stumped just about all my friends so I’m looking for some help here. I recently did pretty much all of the upgrades in my signature and 2 weeks after I pulled a number one miss-fire code so I changed my injector because it shot bad now it will not start at all. I checked and rechecked the tube I am confident it is fully seated. During my trouble shooting I broke the post off of the number 6 and I replaced that injector as well, also taking care to insure it was properly installed. I have cranked on it for a long time now so I am confident there is no air left in the system. I have installed a race plug in the rail to insure the check valve was not stuck open and bleeding off the pressure. I have shot all of the injectors individually, the wires individually, and the full circuits and everything is reading .5. I swapped the FCA, and removed the tuner still no start. The AirDog is running and sounds good. I have checked the stock filter bowl drain even though I have bypassed it with the AirDog and there was a little fluid draining but not much. I have no codes at all, not on the tuner or with the three key turns. I am very frustrated and kind of in a time crunch, any ideas will be welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 PM
FormerVendor
Received 107 Likes on 99 Posts

unhook the edge and see if it will fire only thing i can think of

Old 03-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Diesel Fan

edge is totally disconnected and still no start i also cleaned the ckp sensor and map. still no start.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

the rail releif valve isnt stuck open is it had that happen on mine and wouldnt start with out a shot of starting fluid then barely ran wouldnt idle just a thought

Old 03-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Diesel Fan

I checked that by installing a race plug in its place. Didn't work, thanks though

Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

start with a shot of starting fluid. mine wouldnt start for months and had to start it with starting fluid. then one day I tightened all injector tubes and it started right up every time after that. still going good today

Last edited by TeckJohn; 03-16-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Diesel Fan

I've tried starting fluid several times it gets close to starting but never reaches idle. I'll try all the injectors again tomorrow and reinstall them. fingers crossed!

Old 03-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Did you clean all your battery connections?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Diesel Fan

they are clean I cleaned the battery terminals, V.C. gasket harness, map, its, ckp, and csp sensors with electrical connector cleaner both today and 3 weeks ago when i was installing the new parts.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

well I'm pretty sure I found the problem today. I started pulling the injectors today because I was going to take them all to be pop tested and one was dripping with fuel. my first thought was the tube wasn't seated but I had reseated it several times during this process and that didn't sit right with me. I decided to pull the nozzle off and take a look before trying to seat the tube again. When I did i realized this was the injector that had an alignment pin hole that was wallowed out and the pin had allowed the nozzle to turn enough that the pressure was no longer going through the hole. Well now I have, what looks like, a small crack on the nozzle and I need the rest of the injector too. I hope it will run when I am able to get the new one... thanks for all the suggestions!

Last edited by crazyrocks; 03-17-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-18-2011, 03:43 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive seen them crank and not start because the batteries didnt have enough voltage

Quick Reply: no start and stumped! 07 5.9