Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

What is the difference between the injectors in the so motor and the ho motor and i heard from some of my friends they said that the 03 injectors are more reliable, is this true or not?... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Diesel Wrench

Default Difference in 03 injectors and 04.5 cummins injectors?

What is the difference between the injectors in the so motor and the ho motor and i heard from some of my friends they said that the 03 injectors are more reliable, is this true or not?

98dodgecummins's Sig:2001 dodge cummins ext cab short bed. white, 5 inch exhaust 7 inch tip, autometer gauges fuel, boost, egt, power puck. moto metal wheels. south bend rally clutch, fass ddrp fuel pump. newer injection pump.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor

Luke Buchanan lukesdiesel

There injectors go from 03-04 to 04.5-07
Old 01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Diesel Wrench

well i know that, does the 03 injectors inject fuel different and are they better than the 04.5 cummins injectors.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Luke Buchanan lukesdiesel

One is not better than the other.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Diesel Wrench

oh ok.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

its actually a programming difference 03 04 inject fuel 2 times per event
04.5 and on inject fuel 3 times per event

quick03cummins's Sig:2003 Cummins 4 door short box 5 speed S&B Intake PPE Excelerator Tuner FASS Fuel System 4" Straight Pipe Exhaust Pyro and Boost Guages in A-Pillar Dual Disk South Bend Clutch II bag of parts TS Performance MP8 Snow stage 3 water methanol injection BD exhaust manifold CFM+ intake elbow TGC leveling kit and 33" Nitto Terra Grappler II 30lph Nozzles ARP Studs and BDP non wastegated 62/71/14 turbo. 568 hp 1076 tq at 4500 feet.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Diesel Wrench

which one is better or better fuel milage or reliabilty
Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Diesel Wrench

sheesh, 03- 04 8 hole injector nozzles, 04.5-07 5 hole nozzles. they also have different spray angles to direct the fuel into the piston bowls that are also different on the trucks. you should not put the wrong ones in either way. The bodies are the same, however newer bodies are out that address some issues........... be sure of your truck, its parts, and their uses. easiest way to check for 5 hole vs 8 hole is not by simply looking, but by spraying wd40 through the nozzle with the needle removed with the red straw over a piece of paper to see the spray patern/ count the holes. Needlesare supposed to stay with nozzles, as in they become matched.

mikmaze's Sig:04.5 Qcab shorty 4X4 325/600 GOERENDified 48RE 6" SS tip, Smarty SSR, DAP stage 5 210 hp nozzles, Evil twin Cp3's. Hamilton 181/ 210, 64 71 13 over S480, and some other stuff.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Diesel Wrench

so then the 04.5 injectors have more issues?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by 98dodgecummins View Post
my friends they said that the 03 injectors are more reliable, is this true or not?
Not true. Neither will will last long with dirty fuel. Both will last and work well with extra filtration. There is NO difference in the bodies or tips other than number of holes and spray angle.

cerberus60's Sig:05 3500 QC SRW LWB 4x4, Smarty REVO, ISSPRO Gauges, 48RE, OPIE Inpu,t Billet Single Disk TC, Transgo Kit, other tweaks and parts

92 D250, 370 Marine Inj tips, Tweaked pump, HX35 60\16, 47RH, Billet TC, Transgo Kit

submit to reddit