5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

A/C Driver side only

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A/C Driver side only

2004 dodge cummins, the ac only blows cold air on the driver side only. The pasenger side seems to be recirculating the air in the truck only, it does not get as cold. This only happens when it is on the vent setting, when it is on defrost or floor it blows cold air out of both sides. Any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Weird...i have been having the same issue with my early 04! The driver side blows very cold, but the passenger side 2 vents don't, after awhile it seems the passenger side will start to get cooler though

Last edited by GhostRider3149; 06-23-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Diesel Fan

That is weird, it does seem to get cooler after a bit, but I think that is because the interior of the truck is getting cooler. I will look into it deeper this weekend.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have the same problem. the driver side is cool as ice but the pass is blown warm. Looked for a fuse of some sort but know luck.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

found this --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blend door. Common problem on late model trucks. I'm getting confused now. I have the exact same problem with my 03. I followed another threads suggestions, pulled the blower motor, and checked out the door directly above the motor. It looked like the recirc door, not the blender door. When I twisted my arm till it made funny noises, and went towards the drivers side inside the whole that the motor was in, it felt like I hit an evaparator. But now that I'm typing, I'm wonder if that was a broken door I was feeling. I'm totally confused now, but it did feel like aluminum fins....

Let us know what you find. If I can find something to stick in there and see it, I'm going to run out with a flashlight and see what it actually is.

Last edited by DIRT LIFE; 06-23-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The following users liked this post:
weshurdsman (06-23-2010)
Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DONT TEAR YOUR DASH APART YET! - Check your refrigerant level, I had the same exact issue twice three years apart. I was about to dig into my dash because the symptoms sound exactly lik the blend door issue. The first time it happened I brought it back to the dealer and he found the charge low nothing else, they put in dye and could not sniff a leak. Three years later same thing, cold at drivers and warm on passenger. I checked the charge myself and sure enough it was very low. Pulled a vacuum to dry and recharged the system. Borrowed an expensive sniffer and still cannot find anything. Cab is an icebox once again.

The following users liked this post:
weshurdsman (06-28-2010)
Old 06-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had same problem with the a/c. when sniffing check the compresser front seal. also check if u have a high pressure fault. If the system over pressures it will blow the front seal. Mine started as a slow leak, several cans of refrigerant later , my fan clutch was bad.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Diesel Fan

That definately fixed the issue. Recharged the a/c and the cab is now ICE cold, thanks DOMARK!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 31 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn I would have said myself that it would be a blend door or something as Chrysler had a big problem with the recirc doors on certain models. But that is good to know that it could possibly be a potential problem when I pick up my Dodge diesel, especially since the summers tend to get in the 100 degree temps. around here.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I worked in a Chrylser service department for 7 years and have seen this for a long time. the drivers side being colder is deff a sign of being a little low on freon. somtimes even just by ounces! but even when full it is not uncommon to see a slight diffance in tempature from drivers to passenger side.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got to go with low freon in the system. When my 03 does it I just top it off and its back to blowing cold on both sides.

Quick Reply: A/C Driver side only