5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Trigger....squeezed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trigger....squeezed!

After joining and lurking and researching and changing my mind and reading threads and changing my mind again, I finally bought my first diesel.

2006 2500 QCSB 6-Speed Laramie, one-owner, 100k miles bone stock except for level and 35's. Everything I've looked high and low for. Sweet.

My goal was to start with a blank slate for me to build my ideal truck, and the CTD 6-speed is the solid platform I needed.

What I plan on doing ASAP (besides more reasearch )
1. FASS
2. AFE CAI
3. 4 in TBE w/ free flow muffler

In the near future
1. Gauges
2. EFI Live

My long term goal is to have an efficient, reliable and moderately powerful truck that will last me years to come.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the knowledge that I've gained and the future advice I am sure to receive.

Any advice, about the order of my mods or anything more important that I may have forgotten about (or more likely, never knew), is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
High Tech Redneck

Received 496 Likes on 397 Posts

Add a clutch in there somewhere and you will have a very nice truck

Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Agreed on the clutch.

What are you thinking on gauges? Mechanical or electronic? The Edge Insight combines almost everything the OBD 2 can read, plus the EAS add-ons. I have both, as a 2 1/16" doesn't offer a back up camera, diagnostics, or performance tests.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the streamline approach of something electronic, having them all combined on one screen, but have read that they aren't quite as accurate as mechanical gauges. I don't plan on towing super heavy, but when I do tow, it will be over a mountain pass or two. I think having a bit more accuracy in say, the EGT, may save some headaches in the future.

Maybe a mech/electronic combo.