5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

fan clutch and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fan clutch and other problems

alright boys, bought a 05 2500 last month with 150k on the clock. A week after i bought it the fan somehow cut the fan clutch wires and broke a blade off the fan. I replaced the fan and half **** re-wired the fan clutch wires except that blue fiber optic wire. The truck ran cooler and great until today when i was pulling a heavy load of logs up the highway. The truck all of a sudden loses power for a half second and kicks on the check engine light. Ive got po483 low fan speed, po107 air box sensor, and po642 low voltage something. I realize I just need to drop the cash and get a new fan clutch but whats with the other codes. Help

Old 10-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

When they have a hiccup, they can throw a bunch of codes that don't have anything to do with the cause.

The best thing to do is write them all down, reset the ECM, and see if it reoccurs...then see which one's stay. It may take a few times to weed out the list to get a small list to actually act on.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fixed it. #6 fuse blew.