Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I was wondering what a map sensor does and if any one has every had a apps wiring issue?... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Diesel Fan

Angry What does a map sensor do and what would be syptoms

I was wondering what a map sensor does and if any one has every had a apps wiring issue?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

MAP is Manifold Air Pressure. If it is not reading properly there will more than likely be poor engine performance, and perhaps be accompanied by black smoke. If the Engine Controller can not read Air Pressure, it could continue to dump fuel into the cylinders until if sees something. There are boost "foolers' that do similar things, but still leave your truck drivable.

Never had a APPS wiring problem, but I have adjusted mine recently, and have fooled it as well.

RAW's Sig:http://www.dieselbombers.com/signaturepics/sigpic13667_9.gif
2001 RAM2500, 5.9L Cummins. EJWA CTS/Smarty, 150HP BigDawg Injectors, HotRod VP44, 5" exhaust, FASS HD150 w/Vulcan DSV, HX35/40 over S471, Colt "Big Stick" Cam, S&B CNC Intake Elbow, O-Ringed head, 110# valve springs. Built 47RE. D80 w/discs. Espar Hydronic 5.
2014 RAM2500 Larimie, BONE STOCK
Old 12-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Diesel Fan

Is it possible to replace APPS and not erase the code and have still problems because you didnt erase the codes. Im shooting two codes and one was the map and the other is the Apps. So I replaced the APPS and problem still same. Limp mode throttle jumpy dead pedle. Then the throttle kicks in and out. even seems to stick a little once letting off. Totally stumped.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:00 PM
FormerVendor

Luke Buchanan lukesdiesel

Ya you need to clear the codes first.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Diesel Fan

clear codes and they come back almost in seconds. Im thinking short in comeputer or broken wire some where.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

start with checking and cleaning all of the grounds. And you said you did replace the apps but the problem still exists and that clearing the codes they come back right away. Are you clearing the codes with a scan tool or disconecting the batts? If you are using a scan tool that should clear the hard fault codes but just disconecting the batts will not anyways if they do clear and comeback i would check all of the grounds and all of your connectors to the map, apps any bulk head connectors and the connectors at the pcm try that and see what happens.

blkjack's Sig:2002 Quad cab 2500 24v 6spd. Mods, Quad Adrenaline, Gauges, FP, Pyro, Boost. Air Dog 150, 86d' Silencer ring, Turbo back 4" straight piped exhaust w/ 5" tip. BHAF with custom heat shield. Custom built bolt in gooseneck hitch.

SWCR CUMMINS MEMBER #10

Old 12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

seems like your map senser isnt pluged in all the way thats what my truck did when i had the same problem check there mine clicked and locked and everuything just need a little bit more for the full connection

cummins army's Sig:2006 dodge cummins auto megacab 3500 dually s&b intake, Afe intake horn, Jacobs brand exhaust brake
Old 12-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

put some cleaner on the conections
Old 01-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

i'm having the same problem. i cleaned all my grounds cleaned my battery connections and still have the problem. some people say it could be the ecm but i havent cleared the codes yet.

caylebk's Sig:02 cummins fass hd 150, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, edge comp with stealth cover, smarty, ultimate trans 47re, phatshaft 62, auto meter gauges, 33" toyo at2's 17" black and silver xd hoss wheels
Old 01-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to chad83181 View Member's Albums

Dont forget to reset your Apps with the gas pedal.

chad83181's Sig:[/SIGPIC] SOLD 2001 LARAMIE SLT 2500 4X4, BHAF, 4" DOWNPIPE/EXHAUST, SILENCER RING MIA, SKYJACKER SHOCKS,FASS HPFP 95.SMARTY SENT TO BETTER HOME FOR A EDGE JUICE WITH ATTITUDE THANKS TO RAWilliams and a set of 150 BIG DAWG INJECTORS THANKS TO LUKE @ DIESEL DAWGS PERFORMANCEAND A FEW TRANNY GOODIES SOON WITH A TURBO

submit to reddit