24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Best lift pump and programmer

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best lift pump and programmer

1st post new to dieselbombers
Just looking for some opinions as to what lift pump air dog or fass to install and what programmer would be best for power and sustainability. Tranny is currently being built with billet input shaft and the whole nine yards, figured these two upgrades would be my next purchases.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best bet on the lift pump in my opinion, is the Titanium Fass 95. it'll support a good amount of power and is pretty easy to install, but if you have the "in tank" lift pump, a draw straw or canister mod will have to be made, because fuel cant be sucked through the in tank pump by the Fass.

Programmer wise is all going to depend on what your doing with your truck and how you want to control the power and if you want gauges on your programmer or not.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

I have been hearing the AirDog 2's have been experiencing pump issues, so I would stay clear of them. Depending on the HP goals of your truck, either a 95 or 150 would be a good choice. Series will depend on how many filters you want. I like the extra filters, and went with the Heavy Duty series.

As said above, programmer will depend on HP goals. If you want power, gauges, alerts, turbo timer, and diagnostics, I would suggest the Edge Juice with Attitude. Just power, the Edge Comp. Just a little power, Smarty.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the response I'm looking to go up to 450hp probably gonna go with a 150 gph lift pump programmer wise I want power and I've been debating between gauges or a digital monitor which some programmers have what's your thoughts

Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
RAW
Administrator

It's all preference. Digital Monitors usually don't respond as fast, but feature all-in-one.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the AirDog II with a sump and the edge comp programer. All three were easy to install and I have not had any issues. The sump I think was insurance for the lift pump. Gravity feed all the time, no draw straw to worry about and you don't have to drop the tank. Filter for the AirDog are easy to get a hold of. As for the edge, it really was easy to put in and added enough power to give my clutch some woes when its turned up.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a FASS 150 titanium. Came with 3/8 line to the pump with all the fittings. I bought extra filters too. Easy install, clear directions. Seemed like a good value. So far so good, no complaints. Also bought a Edge juice CTS, but as stated above response is slower than regular gauges. For example, when you start the truck, if you want to see your gauges, you'd have to wait for the computer screen to boot, might take 1 minute or so. I'm happy with the Edge though, good drivability, no issues, easy to use, easy to install. You can monitor many vitals at once and can set alerts too. I got the optional backup camera, makes hooking up trailers by yourself much easier.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the fass titanium 150 but the problem i was worried about was when the tank gets below 1/4 tank i heard they would want to suck air with only a draw straw, because they pull so much fuel. So me and my dad looked into the Vulcen perf. drop in fuel canister to keep the fuel in the canister so it doesnt slosh. well for 300 bucks you can get one but we devised our own out of a Jeep liberty fuel cansiter (with some custom moification) and some copper pipe for about half the price.All the fuel from the Fass and IP returns straight to the canister and It enables me to run my tank almost completly dry (havent yet) and always have enough fuel.

Name:  2012-04-13_15-12-31_5741.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  2012-04-13_15-12-39_293.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  67.7 KB

Old 01-11-2013, 09:41 AM
RAW
Administrator

The Draw Straw V from Vulcan does the same thing. I have it, and I can burn all but a tiny bit of fuel in my tank.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM

hi, I purchased the raptor 100, for my 98.5 cummins. i made a mistake and bought it thinking my old pump was on my block. Is there some modifying i could do to make it work or will i have to order the one for in tank?

Quick Reply: Best lift pump and programmer