1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Won't fire up

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Won't fire up

I recently did a gasket rebuild on my 91 d250 ve pump. Put the pump back on my truck and bled the lines. Not much diesel came out of the injectors like I think they should. I'm not sure if the lines are crossed up. But they lay like they came off. If anyone would help me by telling or showing me where the injection lines should be connected on the pump, I would be really greatful.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:19 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No1 line is at the bottom, No6 at the top.
No3 is at the 11 o'clock position. Just run with the firing order for the others.
Cheers Steve

Old 02-24-2016, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hammerdown91
I recently did a gasket rebuild on my 91 d250 ve pump. Put the pump back on my truck and bled the lines. Not much diesel came out of the injectors like I think they should. I'm not sure if the lines are crossed up. But they lay like they came off. If anyone would help me by telling or showing me where the injection lines should be connected on the pump, I would be really greatful.

I recently had the same issue took me a month to figure it out when I pulled the pump apart I didn't mark the throttle lever... In turn I just put it back on not thinking so it wouldn't start finally it started to idle when I had throttle wide open.... Took me a few times to adjust the lever to get it right but hopefully it helps and you get it running