Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

so i already have boost egt and trans temp but the trans temp gauge is unplugged since its a manual trans. so my question is what gauge should i get to go in place of the trans temp gauge? i was thinking fuel pressure but ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Diesel Fan

Default what gauges for a 12 valve?

so i already have boost egt and trans temp but the trans temp gauge is unplugged since its a manual trans. so my question is what gauge should i get to go in place of the trans temp gauge? i was thinking fuel pressure but how important is that on the 12 valves?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

what is something that is overlooked that needs to be monitored most? i know on vp trucks it is a must to have a fuel pressure gauge but is there anything else that needs to be monitored?

powermad's Sig:1997 dodge cummins sport, fully built 5 speed swap, afe intake, 62/65/13 turbo, ats 3 piece manifold, #10 fuel plate, 3000gsk, 3" carli suspension.

Last edited by powermad; 12-21-2009 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Troy Davis

yeah its a good guage to have

12vcummins96's Sig:

DIESEL BOMBERS ADMINISTRATOR

96 12v with LBDP 5x.014s Smokem Specials dual fed modded afc aeromotive fuel pressure regulator no plate 2095 rack plug Airdog 4ghd 63/68 .88 over a 76/85 24cm 46mm tial external gate bd cool down timer 5k gsk 60lb springs Ati Balancer ats arc flow Arps 21 degrees Kdp killed Isspro gauges built tranny 5 inch tb to a single 6 inc tip and a 125hp shot

They go wooooooossssssssshhhhhh the the truck goes VROOOOOOOOOMMMMM then the trans goes f* this
Old 12-21-2009, 04:16 AM
Diesel Fan

ok so i guess i will get a fuel pressure gauge for it.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Diesel Wrench

I think they re just as mandatory for the 12V trucks. A lot of problems can be solved or diagnosed with that FP gauge.

PhilipR's Sig:-Phil-98 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4,12V,47RE Suncoast Billet input shaft, Suncoast H/D Extreme Trans kit, Goerend Triple disc converter, FASS 150/90, FASS Suction tube, Amsoil Ea air and pre-filter, 100 plate, 4K GSK, 370's, AFC Mods, CoolerTubz intake, 5" stacks, BD-SBS, Autometer Z-series Pyro/Boost/Trans/FP, Amsoil front to back.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Status: need more power and dealing with a lack of money. clutch is toast

View Member's Albums

i would also say a oil pressure gauge since the factory has a tendency to go stupid. atleast mine does.

12.valve.hauler's Sig:97 ctd 4x4,230,000,215hp pump,no plate, star wheel ff, silencer ring disposed of, open turbo,courser mt's, 5 inch mitre cut stack(stuck up under the bed)
Old 12-21-2009, 12:46 PM
BOMBARDIER

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile

i think oil pressure fuel pressure and water temp should be on anyones list with a 1st gen just for the simple fact of their accuracy factory gauges suck you dont know where your at
Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Diesel Wrench

If you use an aftermarket sender they tend to do that. Cummins senders are fine.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Status: need more power and dealing with a lack of money. clutch is toast

View Member's Albums

well i dont know wat is up with mine sometime it drops and sometimes it spikes. i think the sending unit may be going out or theres a short in the wiring or the gauge
Old 12-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

Go for the fuel press. I ordered my gauge set and A pillar pod from Luke a Diesel Dawgs on friday supposed to be to me on Christmas eve (hope UPS does good) So I can get em installed on my break.

blkjack's Sig:2002 Quad cab 2500 24v 6spd. Mods, Quad Adrenaline, Gauges, FP, Pyro, Boost. Air Dog 150, 86d' Silencer ring, Turbo back 4" straight piped exhaust w/ 5" tip. BHAF with custom heat shield. Custom built bolt in gooseneck hitch.

SWCR CUMMINS MEMBER #10

Old 12-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Diesel Wrench

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Send a message via Yahoo to Hammer

Remember...
If your going to install a fuel pressure gauge you will need to place some sort of isolator in the line or the gauge will not be steady and can get violent enough to knock the needle off.When your running a electric system this is not an issue but with the factory lift pump it is.

Hammer's Sig:2005 Dodge Ram 2500,Black Sport,Quad Cab SB
NADP Billet Auto,2 Pumps & 2 Big Chargers
Mason-Dixon Turbo Diesel Club
MITCHELLized

submit to reddit