Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Has anyone ever had or heard of the overdrive off button turning on by itself? I have had it happen 3 times now over the past 6 months of owning this truck. What could it be caused by and how can I fix it?... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Diesel Fan

Default O/D button acting up

Has anyone ever had or heard of the overdrive off button turning on by itself? I have had it happen 3 times now over the past 6 months of owning this truck. What could it be caused by and how can I fix it?

DerekP129's Sig:-94 dodge 2500 12 valve, SC, SLT, 4x4, auto, aftermarket TC, derale 4+ quart trans pan, #0 plate, 5inch exhaust to 7inch tip, AFE intake, kdp fixed, 4.10's with detroit locker, glowshift boost trans pyro, 3k gsk, 15*.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Status: Never letting Port LaVaca Dodge see my truck again. Long story.

View Member's Albums

could just be dirty inside. take the button apart. (easy; the outer ring is just a piece of plastic with flexible barbs to retain it, just pry it off and it'll go back on later) the contacts are two pieces of copper (gold-plated, maybe?) zig-zagged across a plastic disc. The switching material is a piece of conductive rubber on the button. Clean the disc, clean the little "rrrrrrrrubbah biskIT!!!!" (I had to do it) with some rubbing alcohol and reassemble. The buttons inside your alarm remote, and under your computer's keyboard are the same way. CLEAN'EM ALL!

geddy's uncle's Sig:My truck: "Tiny" '98 QC LB 2500 12-valve, G56, hybridized t-case (long story).
Son's truck: "Da Beast" '90 RamCharger, 12-valve from a '92, NV4500/NP205, matched D-60s, RhinoCoat inside and out.
Daughter's baby beast: '06 Liberty CRD, nearly bone-stock except for an oil-mist trap between the "hockey puck" and the turbine inlet's airhorn
Old 05-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Diesel Fan

Thank you for the reply I will give this a try today
Old 05-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

servo itself in the trans could be sticking

detroitdiesel idi's Sig:1992 c3500 chevy scottsdale single cab long box 12 valve nv4500 conversion
1993 k3500 ext cab long box 6.5 diesel automatic project
2002 blazer 4wd 4.3 winter ride

submit to reddit