Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I replaced the seals in the vacuum pump and found this connector. I don't know what it goes to. ---AutoMerged DoublePost--- Am I on the right forum? this is for diesels right... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Default Any idea what this connects to?

I replaced the seals in the vacuum pump and found this connector. I don't know what it goes to.

Click the image to open in full size.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Am I on the right forum? this is for diesels right

Last edited by pwcracer; 03-27-2013 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Diesel Wrench

View Member's Albums

Did you happen to break your oil press. sending unit off when you removed your pwr steering pump? Thats only one close that you could have broke off that I know of
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM

I will check that, That prompted me to look up the locations.
24 Valve Fuel System Components
I wonder if the 12 valve is the same or similar.

THis was the diagram I should have used..

http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/Fac...ocations-l.gif

Last edited by pwcracer; 03-27-2013 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Diesel Wrench

View Member's Albums

best I can remember the oil press. sending unit is about the only sensor near where you were working that could get damaged. Last one I did I had to unplug it for the pwr steering resevoir to clear.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

fuel filter sensor???

osjr843's Sig:95 3500 Dodge Reg. Cab Flatbed, Auto, #8 fuel plate, AFC Tuned, K&N custom intake, 4" down pipe, 5" straight pipe w/ 7" tip.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM

I have no oil pressure on the gauge, but the stupid thing is, I am not sure if it worked to start with. I bought the truck last fall as a basket case, and really don't remember.

I can not find the oil sender on this thing. I even looked around with a mirror. I have taken a ton of pics, hoping someone can help. (Where I think the oil pressure sensor should be, is a rounded off button sore of thing)

The connector wire seems to be 2 yellow wires.

here is what it plugged into

This is where I thought the OPS would be
[IMG]http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag13/Gbfan55033
/20130327_220658_zps75066a1a.jpg[/IMG]

Other end of broken sensor.

??

Old 03-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Diesel Wrench

View Member's Albums

The oil press. sender is on the block below and rear of the power steering resevior, should be able to see it from under the truck.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:59 PM

It appears you broke your oil pressure sending unit.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Diesel Fan

MeanOlDude

that is the oil pressure "switch" per the Cummins Tech that helped me with mine. They call it a sending unit but it is a switch. When you have oil pressure the switch closes and sends the current to the PCM the PCM then uses the signals from the engine speed sensor and "calculates the pressure info that it sends to the Oil Pressure Gauge. In all this there is no actual measurement of pressure. You can get one from Auto Zone for around $34. and the have a sensor socket that will make it easier. I had to break off the plastic part to get the socket to go on the old one but it fit over the new one perfect. IT IS A VERY FINE THREAD SO START IN CAREFULLY BY HAND. It is directly between the fuel prescreen and the Canned Ham Pump

Hope this helps you

stick your camera phone and movie the area and you should see it or rather half that is left.

Last edited by NEWBIE 98; 03-28-2013 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Diesel Fan

good info

submit to reddit