Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   Slow acceleration for my 2011???????? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/76900-slow-acceleration-my-2011-a.html)

izzy 05-22-2011 07:04 PM

Slow acceleration for my 2011????????

I just bought a 2011 2500 megacab manual trans. I've ordered the parts for the deletes, and a mini max, and intake. But, before I install it all, I seem to have a issue. Sometimes the truck accelerates fine, and other times it's slow slow slow. RPM's climb slow, feels like I'm dragging a 50,000lb trailer. No codes, everything else seems fine. 8000mi on the ticker. Funny thing is it will be slow one second, then normal, then slow, all within a few blocks. I thought it was maybe me, but now i'm sure it is the truck. Three thoughts I have, maybe someone can help me. TPS? VTR? Wastegate? Please help me cuz this thing almost got me in a accident. Slow acceleration almost got me t-boned crossin a intersection.

Diesel Dawgs Performance 05-22-2011 07:55 PM

I'd take it to the dealer ASAP

DslDeamon 05-22-2011 08:01 PM

ive noticed the same thing for my 11 with a manual took it to the dealer and they found nothen they told me that im still to use to mine 08 with the deletes but i dont know still trying to figure it out

diesel pap 05-22-2011 08:37 PM

i would have it checked out as well. the map sensor might be dirty

coors_man_2005 05-22-2011 10:11 PM

i would have it chekecked for sure before you do the deletes or make sure the dealer you have is ok with the deletes and wont dick u down

izzy 05-23-2011 10:11 AM

Typical response from dealers.

Took it to 2 dealers this mournin, first one said that if something was wrong that it would show a code, what a joke. Second one was actually nice enough to hav a tech take a ride with me. He saw what I was talkin about, and wanted to run a scan. Hooked it up------------- nothin. Said to keep drivin it and if it get's worst to bring it back. Why did I waste $45g? Should have bought a older truck for 20 or so and stuck 20 into it. Should I just go ahead with the deletes? Scheduled for work tomorrow. Diesel shop says that his dealer will warranty stuff on his diesels that are deleted as long as they are not outta control with crazy stuff, and visibly beat. Do I roll the dice. I'm not goin crazy with this truck, just don't want such a pooch, and a little mpg's would be nice.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD 05-23-2011 11:17 AM

The 98 24 valve we have does that it sits parked because it will just lose all power in the middle of an intersection. No one can figure out what it is. Good luck.

izzy 05-23-2011 11:24 AM

F-it, it's goin in for the deletes tomorrow! I think the motor is chokin itself with that stupid egr. The mapp sensor can't get a good reading, and doesn't know what to do. Just talked with Valair too, very imformative on some clutch options, and really good prices. Impressed so far with their advice. Then, turbo, any suggestions? Want it to be still very drivable/ towable.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD 05-23-2011 11:29 AM

Good luck. post if the tunes help.

coors_man_2005 05-23-2011 10:02 PM

hope it helps you when u delete it but on the turbo alot of ppl are running a Silver bullet 66 im fixing to put a smaller set of twins on mine it a daily driver also and on the clutch i love my sb and they have really good customer service also:c: