Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   Regen (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/73020-regen.html)

RamminJack 03-24-2011 10:36 PM

Regen

Ok guys I appreciate your patience with a newbie here:hellox: (Thanks for the EGT answers), but I'm a new owner of a used diesel I intend to keep for 200+ miles and I have questions questions questions...

I was driving around town today and after a short take off from a stop, my Edge started chirpping about an active regen in progress. It stopped after a short time, but I have been skimming the threads and posts about regen and it is somewhat un-nerving. Heck it's suppose to do this cause of all the emmissions @#$!&%! right? Its got a 6.7L with Edge/Juice set up and Banks Ram Air and Banks intercooler on it, otherwise its still stock. Previous owner has kept this rig in top shape and ran it this way for 72K. :tu:I want to keep this behemoth in top shape too without much issue.

In short should I be concerned about a regen?:humm:

cumminscontrol 03-25-2011 08:17 PM

take that emission crap off (dpf delete, egr delete)...get you a smarty or h&s tuner to turn codes off, the edge wont clear them...thats what i have and bout to get rid of it... get a new exhaust, h&s has a good one....wont have to worry with all that regen crap anymore then...and your mileage WILL go UP. my truck has 95k on it, i done the deletes at 5k miles, not including egr, and wish i had done it then...the egr clogged up and truck ran like piss...oh but boy did it smoke more than my ol 5.9 ever did...it was thick black smoke that you couldnt cut with a knife...lol....got it off there now, and no problems at all...that emissions crap hurts these things and dont let them perform at the potential they should be performing..

coors_man_2005 03-25-2011 10:52 PM

agreed get rid of the edge and emissions or keep the edge for gauges what i did for a while i had the edge on mine at first and glad its gone now love my smarty look ate the pictures on the other thread how to kill your 6.7 the pics are kinda scary cost a motor over emissions bs get rid of it and save a motor and way better fuel mpg 70 mph i get 18 19 winter fuel

EasternAggie 03-26-2011 06:56 PM

I would think if your adding fuel in there with the DPF still on, its just going to create more soot which will cause it to go into regen more often. Delete that crap :rocking:

RamminJack 03-28-2011 10:16 PM

Yeah guys I figured as much...I will keep an eye on 'er...just waiting for the extended warranty to wear out.:dang:

EasternAggie 03-28-2011 11:08 PM

you could help it wear out faster.... :w2:

but thats really not a smart route to take. better to keep your factory warranty as long as you can.

cumminscontrol 03-29-2011 09:33 PM

warranty is at dealer discretion....find you a good dealer, not a stealer

97cummins 03-30-2011 04:37 AM

(In short should I be concerned about a regen?)

Right know,no you shouldn't be concerned if it does it's regens.If it stops doing it's routin regen's periodicly,then something might be happening with the dpf and needs attention.