6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

2011 Ram 3500 goes into limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Ram 3500 goes into limp mode

Hello all,
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me resolve this limp mode issue with my 2011 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 (6.7L). Every time I initially start my truck and try to take off, it goes into limp mode. When I shut it completely off and then restart it, it runs perfectly with no issues or signs of limp mode. No error code pops up. Does anyone know what might cause this and how I might be able to fix it?

Thank you,
Steve

Old 10-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when the last time you changed your fuel filter?
You mass air flow censer could be dirty

Old 10-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Diesel Fan

Fuel filter was changes about 3,000 miles ago, however, this limp mode issue still did it right after I had changed the fuel filter. Also, my MAF is clean. Not sure what would cause this on the first start, then shut off the engine, and then on restart, my truck runs fine. I do notice sometimes that my truck when running fine will lose power for a second or two and then run normally.

Thank you for the reply,
Steve

Old 10-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you got a poor filter
filters are cheap try another one

Old 10-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Diesel Fan

I might try the filter replacement, but this has been going on even when I've replaced the last 2 filters. I did finally get an error code this morning: : P2563 (Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance). Would this cause the issue with my truck? Also, every once in a while (very seldom), in the middle of driving, my truck will all of a sudden lose power for a second and then regain it and run normally the rest of the time. And, like I stated previously, the "limp mode" only happens on the first start and then on the second restart, it runs normally. If the P2563 code is causing this issue, is there anything I can do to fix this?
Also, , I have not unplugged anything. The only delete I've done is the CCV delete (the oil from my CCV filter no longer drips into my turbo...I have the hose routed beside my engine to where it drips the oil to the ground).

Thank you,
Steve