Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   2012, 6.7L Mega Cab (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/128639-2012-6-7l-mega-cab.html)

deucer 11-03-2015 04:35 PM

2012, 6.7L Mega Cab

Haven't been on this site in a while as I spent more time trying to keep my 04, 6.0L running. That didn't work out well at all, so I made the jump to Dodge and Cummins Diesel. Dumped the 6.0 and bought a 2012, 6.7L Laramie 2500 MegaCab with 38K odometer. After dealing with the headaches 6.0L I'm reluctant to get into adding wild tunes to this ride, however I am interested in any ideas to increase fuel efficiency. This baby is a smooth ride with all the amenities.:tu:

deucer

diesel pap 11-04-2015 09:40 PM

lose certain parts:jump:

Jet A Fuel 11-05-2015 03:02 AM

Welcome back deucer!!

longhorn12 12-13-2015 09:11 PM

I picked up a 12 longhorn 3500 DRW and I'll be damned if I didn't have a boating accident. I was trolling on the lake when all of a sudden them parts on the motor fell off, got hung up in the exhaust pipe an they went down to Davy Jones.

Being a prudent man, I cobbled on a pipe of 4 inches and plugged them holes right up (as men tend to do). But that boat wouldn't gitty up! So's I plugger in one of them whizz-bang EFI Lives and now she runs like a scalded mule!

deucer 01-06-2016 08:59 AM

Purchased Sinister EGR/Cooler Delete Kit, 4in. Exhaust Pipe for DPF/CAT removal and H&S Mini Max. Not interested smoking every other truck out there, but looking to get from A to B with better mpg. Dude told me to set Mini Max at full tune for best mileage. ??? Any thoughts on this approach. Not interested in pulling Head and going the head gasket route every six months as I did with my 6.0L Furd!:scare2:

Lynn Carpenter 01-07-2016 03:13 PM

Help! Just bought this 2012 dodge truck w/72K miles. Now at 80K its telling me that it needs exhaust service. This is a $600.00 service!!! Would it be better to do the delete kit? Please advise....

Jet A Fuel 01-08-2016 04:48 AM

That depends on whether your in a smog checking state. It is better to get the ecm reprogrammed to ignore the sensors in the SCR system (Diesel Partical filter system). It is illegal in all 50 states to delete but there are people who do it with a signed waiver. Or who do it on their own.
Hope this helps.

Jet A Fuel 01-08-2016 04:53 AM

Also the initial cost of deleting can be costly at first especially if you have the exhaust system physically changed by installing an aftermarket exhaust, + plus the cost of an H&S or EFI live tuner to delete the sensors from the ecm program.

SavageCummins 01-18-2016 07:13 PM

Hey duecer i have a 2012 dodge cummins 6.7 larmie mega cab also
I have an H and S mini maxx tuner on it and about to be installing a 5" stainless straight pipe exhaust on it. The efi company has a custom tuning guy who will send you tunes to download for your tuner which would help with finding that power and milages mix that works just right also if it hasnt already been done is getting a sinister diesel DPF delete kit and get the Def tank off for less wieght thats what i had done on mine ive also installed a cheetah fleece turbo on my cummins which has helped with power substantially but havent seen a big change in milage but a little change non the less. Ill be sure to let you know how my new exhaust help with milage and power. Hope this helped! P.S. lucas oil treatments help boost your milage and efficiency a bit

deucer 01-21-2016 08:09 AM

Thanks for the advice SavageCummins, but I have already completed the mod. Sinister EGR/Cooler delete, DPF/CAT delete with 4" down pipe replacement and H&S Mini Max Performance tuner mounted. No DPF Tank on this truck. I have played with various settings on the H&S just to see how the truck reacts. Current setting is on TOW, but I was told by the TECH where I purchased the Tuner that Full Performance setting would give the best MPG if I kept my foot off the throttle. Just a little push on throttle in that setting will break the tires loose.:s: I use Lucas Fuel Injection Cleaner, but have never tried the oil treatment. My thought is, if I run Rotella 10W-40 full Syn. should keep the oil system clean and well lubricated. I figure 7 to 8K between oil changes.