Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   Dpf code p2000 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/126232-dpf-code-p2000.html)

fio diesel dog 03-22-2015 07:20 PM

Dpf code p2000

Check engine light code is P2000 I'm new here and was hoping to find out if the Dpf delete exhaust system and the tuner I ordered will fix it? I've noticed a lag in acceleration at times. I have 137000 on my 2012 6.7. Any help?

RanchhandTCR 03-22-2015 10:16 PM

NOX trap efficency below normal, from what I know their was a recall to reflash for this code apperance, I would first call to see if their are any TSB calling for a reprogram to cure this code, next would be also the quality of def you are useing, def has a shelf life of 6-8 months, and these systems are so sensitive to how efficient the def is they will throw a code fairly easy. Or you have a NOx sensor issue or atd issue. But yes you can delete these systems but you need the proper ECM reflash or you will have a truck that is derated or will not start.

fio diesel dog 03-23-2015 08:12 AM

Thank you my truck does not run def. i'm just wondering if it's only the DPF and once I eliminate that will be fine

scubaman1 10-20-2015 05:24 PM

I have a 2011 with 110,000 miles. I received P2000 and several other codes dealing with the EGR and exhaust. I put my truck in tow/haul mode and drove hard with the exhaust brake on for a few days. Codes cleared. In fact, when I would stop you could smell the buildup being burned off. No codes since.

fio diesel dog 10-20-2015 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=scubaman1;1101009]I have a 2011 with 110,000 miles. I received P2000 and several other codes dealing with the EGR and exhaust. I put my truck in tow/haul mode and drove hard with the exhaust brake on for a few days. Codes cleared. In fact, when I would stop you could smell the buildup being burned off. No codes since.[/QUOTE. I got rid of the exhaust system tune it and added cold air intake Best money I have ever spent !!!!

fio diesel dog 10-20-2015 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by scubaman1 (Post 1101009)
I have a 2011 with 110,000 miles. I received P2000 and several other codes dealing with the EGR and exhaust. I put my truck in tow/haul mode and drove hard with the exhaust brake on for a few days. Codes cleared. In fact, when I would stop you could smell the buildup being burned off. No codes since.

Got rid of the exhaust and tuned it added cold air intake. Now I get great mileage and runs so smooth

megacabby 06-16-2018 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by scubaman1 (Post 1101009)

Newbie and proud owner of a 2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn.

Since I’ve picked up the truck new in 2011, I gone to dealers and had the O2 sensors replaced 8 times and at times, resetting the Engine Light with a reader bought from eBay by myself as I could not be bothered going to the dealer.

Last week was when my GOLD Extended Warranty ended. Luckily, I reported the Engine Light coming on and again, the O2 sensors were replaced.

3 days later and after 400km, the Engine Light came on again.

I’ve tried running the truck hard by engaging the Toll Mode and Exhaust Brakes...that put the Engine Light out..Horray!

Note and from privous, the Engine Light would also go off and come back on. Hopefully driving the truck will keep the NAG off the dash.

We’ll report back in a week or if the light comes on prior.

Megacabby

megacabby 06-17-2018 02:03 PM

P2000 Code is Back

BAD NEWS....

It felt great as the Engine Light was gone. This afternoon unfortunately, the Engine Light came back on.

Luckily I took the truck back to the dealer where the last set of O2 sensors were replaced under warranty on Saturday (June 16) and the Service Advisor booked me in for Wednesday afternoon.

Here’s hope, the dealer can get rid of the Service Engine NAG.

Originally Posted by megacabby (Post 1143847)

Newbie and proud owner of a 2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn.

Since I’ve picked up the truck new in 2011, I gone to dealers and had the O2 sensors replaced 8 times and at times, resetting the Engine Light with a reader bought from eBay by myself as I could not be bothered going to the dealer.

Last week was when my GOLD Extended Warranty ended. Luckily, I reported the Engine Light coming on and again, the O2 sensors were replaced.

3 days later and after 400km, the Engine Light came on again.

I’ve tried running the truck hard by engaging the Toll Mode and Exhaust Brakes...that put the Engine Light out..Horray!

Note and from privous, the Engine Light would also go off and come back on. Hopefully driving the truck will keep the NAG off the dash.

We’ll report back in a week or if the light comes on prior.

Megacabby