Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   Smarty/deletes Need some help please (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/119960-smarty-deletes-need-some-help-please.html)

Jbeatty05 03-19-2014 11:33 PM

Smarty/deletes Need some help please

Ok I have a 2007.5 dodge ram 2500 6.7L mega cab. I just bought the smarty s69 programmer brand new from smarty...I bought a 4" turbo back exhaust system, and a sinister EGR delete kit. I am pretty mechanically incline but just programmer stupid.

First question- when I got my smarty I hooked it up to the obd port on the truck and followed the instructions that said how to program for half horse power in hopes of better. Fuel economy. Then my exhaust arrived as well as my delete kit. When I install my exhaust and my delete kit does my smarty s69 automatically recognize that the deletes or done ? Or do I have to have a special update or program add to the smarty for the deletes?

Second question- with the configuration that I have ( 4" turbo back straight pipe exhaust, egr delete, and smarty s69), what is the best settings on my smarty for fuel economy ?

Thank you in advance for any and all responses

lukesdiesel 03-20-2014 09:11 AM

The new Smarty you bought will not delete the emissions.

Luke

Jbeatty05 03-20-2014 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel (Post 1054503)
The new Smarty you bought will not delete the emissions.

Luke

Luke -what do you mean? Are you saying it doesnt have the right software to recognize the deletes ? Where can i get it?

lukesdiesel 03-20-2014 10:54 AM

The new Smarty Tuners will not load the ME software needed for emissions deletes.

Luke

Jbeatty05 03-20-2014 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jbeatty05 (Post 1054463)
Ok I have a 2007.5 dodge ram 2500 6.7L mega cab. I just bought the smarty s69 programmer brand new from smarty...I bought a 4" turbo back exhaust system, and a sinister EGR delete kit. I am pretty mechanically incline but just programmer stupid.

First question- when I got my smarty I hooked it up to the obd port on the truck and followed the instructions that said how to program for half horse power in hopes of better. Fuel economy. Then my exhaust arrived as well as my delete kit. When I install my exhaust and my delete kit does my smarty s69 automatically recognize that the deletes or done ? Or do I have to have a special update or program add to the smarty for the deletes?

Second question- with the configuration that I have ( 4" turbo back straight pipe exhaust, egr delete, and smarty s69), what is the best settings on my smarty for fuel economy ?

Thank you in advance for any and all responses

So luke does that mean my programmer is useless? What programs can i use for the deletes that have the ME software

lukesdiesel 03-20-2014 02:14 PM

You will need EFI Live, Race ME or a H&S Mini Maxx.

Luke

Jbeatty05 03-20-2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel (Post 1054531)
You will need EFI Live, Race ME or a H&S Mini Maxx.

Luke

Do all the EFI live programs have the right software or am i looking for a certain one?

lukesdiesel 03-20-2014 03:08 PM

EFI is built specific for your truck

Luke

Jbeatty05 03-20-2014 03:49 PM

So i can get one and install my deletes no problem ? Plug and play concept ? Sorry about all the questions just dont want to make the same mistake twice

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Also do i just need the efi live or do i use it with the smarty programmer that i currently have ?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Also do i just need the efi live or do i use it with the smarty programmer that i currently have ?

lukesdiesel 03-20-2014 05:20 PM

It's completely separate from Smarty.

Luke