Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   egr and dpf troubles. (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/111524-egr-dpf-troubles.html)

stevec66 04-21-2013 08:58 AM

egr and dpf troubles.

I have an 08 6.7 cummins.
About two weeks ago I took it into the dealer for a regular maintenance. I asked them to look into a lag issue I was having on occasion, which was happening 2 or 3 times in the the month prior. Mind you, during all of these lag issues, there were no warnings or cel's whatsoever.
After servicing, they told me my egr needed cleaning, but it would be fine for awhile.
On Friday, I was driving home from work(I drive this truck pretty hard) and had an immense loss of power, bad rattling and the truck coughed up huge plumes of smoke! All the while with no messages and warnings. I let it sit for about three minutes, started it up and drove away. Then the cel came on. I got home and read about it and came to the conclusion it was egr issue. I un-plugged the egr and butterfly servo. I went for a drive yesterday and the dpf message came up. It went from 80% full going into regen, then two minutes later it was 100% full and see dealer. It did the same sequence every time I stopped and started the truck again. I drove it about four miles further and it now says reduced power see dealer.

I have 53,000 miles on it and owned it for a year without any of these issues. After reading up on this, I have come to the conclusion that there is huge issue with this and diesel owners.
I have power-train warranty on this until September and extended as well. In your opinion, is this warranty work?
I live in a county and town that has no emission requirements. Would it be in my best interest to mod my truck and if I delete the dpf, can I do it without a tuner? I am going to eventually delete the egr as well.
Obviously, I will have to take it to dealer to clear the messages and such. Just wanted some input on the subject. :dang:
Probably a dumb question; How long is it safe to drive like this?

cummins05 04-21-2013 11:39 AM

I would highly recomend doing all the deletes on yer truck! I dont know for a fact if it will hurt your motor running it with it all plugged up but i wouldnt do it to mine! U wont belive how different yer truck will run once its deleted!:tu:

stevec66 04-21-2013 05:27 PM

dpf and egr delete.

If I do the delete, is a Smarty jr. sufficient to take care of codes and all?

coors_man_2005 04-21-2013 10:24 PM

yes make sure it has the correct tune for the dpf delete before you buy it some guys cant get the tunes:tu:

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

i may have my smarty sr forsale in a cpl wks im going efi

stevec66 04-22-2013 05:28 AM

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply. I may buy that from you. Awesome. :jump:

Diesel Dawgs Performance 04-22-2013 08:16 AM

EFI Live or H&S are the best options.

Luke