Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   What issues have you had with your 6.7 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/106444-what-issues-have-you-had-your-6-7-a.html)

gunman41mag 12-11-2012 01:32 AM

What issues have you had with your 6.7

What problems have you had with your 6.7 ?:humm:

CumNasty 12-12-2012 06:32 PM

before or after deletes? lol

Farmboy 2.0 12-12-2012 06:33 PM

What year in particular?

Hummin Cummins 12-13-2012 08:22 AM

Only problem I had with a 6.7 is I had a bad battery which was causing my instrament cluster to trip. Then my oil pressure would gauge would go to 0. Unhook the batteries it would reset and work. Took it to the dealer, they couldn't figure out the problem.

Well the next time it happened I was towing really heavy. I noticed my oil pressure gauge went to 0, thought no big deal. Well my cooling fan never ingauged (electric) and the high temp buzzers never went off either. It got cooked bad!! Passinger battery was boiling and hot.

I ended up trading it off on a new truck because the dodge dealer was 5 weeks behind at there service dept. (It still had warranty, 2010 model)

Livermorenick 12-13-2012 06:41 PM

biggest problem so far...tires have to be replaced, have about 59k.
OEM tires, not my favorite. Replaced the stereo speakers, OEM speakers were crap and one blew out. I am not a loud music guy, mostly news.:tu:
I have all the dealer updates
knock on wood.

coors_man_2005 12-13-2012 10:36 PM

headgasket,clutch,recently cracked tcase and barb wire fences jumping out in front of me

RanchhandTCR 12-14-2012 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by coors_man_2005 (Post 971562)
headgasket,clutch,recently cracked tcase and barb wire fences jumping out in front of me

Sound like my friend who also drinks alot of colorado drinking water, him and his dad have 6.7L with all the deletes. His dad has had no problem 60K later on a 2010 now my friend has left a rag in the intake, hit a rock twice first time broke the output shaft on his transmission, second rock he it sent him 8 feet over the edge into a ditch, and put a hole in his oil pan, destroyed his track bar, and bent his axel. What happens when you have exccessive colorado drinking water.

coors_man_2005 12-19-2012 09:31 PM

yep the oklahoma drinkin water got me

salt'n'vinegar 12-20-2012 10:36 PM

I threw an engine code twice, though this will only happen on a manual transmission with a remote start because sometimes it gets a delayed signal when you prime the remote start, then remove your key. If the signal gets delayed (not sure why this happens, dealer couldnt figure it out either, **Aftermarket remote start as well) it cuts the ignition and the truck will shut off very briefly and continue running, or stall out completely, and throw a "Low Fuel" code, "Low oil PSI" code and a "Wait to Start" code. The "wait to start" code is the one that stays into the PCM and needs to get cleared in order to reset the engine light.

peters0756 12-21-2012 03:11 PM

On my 2007.5 got the typical check engine lights a dozen times or so before it glitched out on me and I had to buy a new one. The 2011 has been good except for a cold start ticing that is probably a lifter that Dodge says isn't bad enough to fix.(their opinion not mine) Haven't got around to deleting this truck but it will come into play this spring. Dodge waranty is a long way from good on these trucks, they hide a lot of things from the public and the buyer pays. Still like the Cummins over any other engine, solid power and dependable for the most part.