5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

problems with early 04

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default problems with early 04

ok so a couple months ago i got my quadzilla and loved it. ran great lots of power. no problems. so i let my gf take it one night with her sister. (that was a mistake) and the next day it didnt seem to have any power. so looked at the quads rail pressure and it said i was only building to 12k psi. so i panicked and took the quad off and prepared for the worst. new lift pump. well its didnt happen and didnt happen so a month later i put the quad back on and still didnt feel as it had any power on higher settings then stock. so i pulled it back off and the next day while driving the truck jerked hard and threw a p0251. i panicked again and pulled over and restarted nothing changed. so i drove back to town and cleared the code. fine code left no problems. then 2 weeks later the CEL came back on and it threw p0251 again. again i cleared it and no problems and 2 weeks later or so the light came back on again. so i plugged my quad back in and looked at my rail pressure and its still 12k is max pressure it will give me. i unplugged the fca sensor and it jumps rail up to about 12k but wont go no higher. and the engine gets real chatty. so anyways. i plugged in the quad and left it on. went to my kids t-ball game and then checked codes while there. came up with p0192 and p0193. which is rail pressure low and high. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY TRUCK??? this is my first CR and i love it. i dont want to spend 5.00 on gas and pour it on the truck. if yall get my drift. it runs great other then the low pressure. any idea's on what could be wrong. i called the stealrshit and they told me my cp3 is bad. but they cant explain why the truck still runs and drives and tows. i dont want to replace the cp3. i dont want to do it for 2 more years. i need some help with this.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

bump... anybody got any input?

bump it... nobody knows anything?

Last edited by dmaxkiller; 06-17-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmaxkiller
ok so a couple months ago i got my quadzilla and loved it. ran great lots of power. no problems. so i let my gf take it one night with her sister. (that was a mistake) and the next day it didnt seem to have any power. so looked at the quads rail pressure and it said i was only building to 12k psi. so i panicked and took the quad off and prepared for the worst. new lift pump. well its didnt happen and didnt happen so a month later i put the quad back on and still didnt feel as it had any power on higher settings then stock. so i pulled it back off and the next day while driving the truck jerked hard and threw a p0251. i panicked again and pulled over and restarted nothing changed. so i drove back to town and cleared the code. fine code left no problems. then 2 weeks later the CEL came back on and it threw p0251 again. again i cleared it and no problems and 2 weeks later or so the light came back on again. so i plugged my quad back in and looked at my rail pressure and its still 12k is max pressure it will give me. i unplugged the fca sensor and it jumps rail up to about 12k but wont go no higher. and the engine gets real chatty. so anyways. i plugged in the quad and left it on. went to my kids t-ball game and then checked codes while there. came up with p0192 and p0193. which is rail pressure low and high. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY TRUCK??? this is my first CR and i love it. i dont want to spend 5.00 on gas and pour it on the truck. if yall get my drift. it runs great other then the low pressure. any idea's on what could be wrong. i called the stealrshit and they told me my cp3 is bad. but they cant explain why the truck still runs and drives and tows. i dont want to replace the cp3. i dont want to do it for 2 more years. i need some help with this.

bump... anybody got any input?

bump it... nobody knows anything?
I would just replace your FCA and see what happens. Its about $120 on Genosgarage.com. It keeps throwing that code. I believe if you unplug it and it starts and chatters bad, it means its bad.