5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Need help/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/Advice

I have a 2007 dodge ram 5.9 that started making a loud screaming noise under heavy acceleration. I started looking and the only thing i could find was the filter minder grommet was rotten so i replaced it.. Still the sound continued.
I called my local dodge dealer my truck still has 7k warranty or two months. Took it up there took them two days finally called back and told me the the turbo was bad and they were replacing it. Next day i was supposed to pick it up got a call from the service manager he said the turbo had ingested something and he needed to send pictures to Chrysler. I can already feel a setup coming on. they are asking for maintenance records next. I change the oil my self and do my maintenance as i should. I have taken good care of this truck it only has 93k and is almost 5 years old!!
here are the pictures he sent Chrysler. any advice on how to stop from getting shafted would be appreciated.

Name:  download2.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  16.7 KB
Name:  download2.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  16.7 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
download2.jpg (16.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont know what to tell you bud...but looks like the turbo propeller looks broken might be hitting the housing when its spinning.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think one of the blades had a weak spot and let go. It doesn't look dusted also it doesn't look like anything flew in big enough to chip that blade there would be scar or scrapes where it bounced around.