Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   STARTING ISSUE 2003 cummins (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/89391-starting-issue-2003-cummins.html)

CMH10 01-11-2012 05:08 PM

STARTING ISSUE 2003 cummins

Hi guys any help or direction in where the problem might be would be appreciated, what i have going on is my truck will fire once and then gets no fuel.i let it sit over night and the next day it started.no light came on and no codes show on the dash.my friend plugged his code reader in and no codes appear except a start/run theft code or something of that nature.it has started 8-10 times since no problem and today it bothered again i tried it about 20 times and i finally got it started with feathering the throttle.could this be a sensor?cp3 pump?any ideas?

i do have a smarty on level 9 plus timing as well as a quadzilla exhilerattor 6 postion chip that is in the off position FASS fuel system that is running

wildbill 01-11-2012 05:55 PM

Your plv is leaking or a high pressure fuel leak. It's on the fuel rail, next to the rail sensor. Remove the banjo bolt and check. If fuel is present, it's shot, if not, you got a high pressure fuel leak or an injector that's bad.

MillerBoyzDiesel 01-11-2012 06:15 PM

i would be looking into the theft code, see if its setting each time truck wont start.

K80 01-11-2012 06:20 PM

Is your fuel gelled? Stupid question, just throwin it out there.

wildbill 01-11-2012 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by MillerBoyzDiesel (Post 842024)
i would be looking into the theft code, see if its setting each time truck wont start.

But he also mentioned he has to feather the throttle pedal.

CMH10 01-11-2012 06:31 PM

my fuel shouldnt be gelled its about 40 degrees outside and this problem just randomely started.the truck usually fires and is running in 2 seconds.on the dash when i press the trip reset and turn the key for those codes 23 comes up when i cycle the key 3 times no codes show so im not sure how to go about the theft.

MillerBoyzDiesel 01-11-2012 06:40 PM

youd probly have to use a scan tool. if you can get access to one id watch fuel rail press. while cranking and make sure its building to 5k when your problem is occuring.

K80 01-12-2012 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by CMH10 (Post 842005)
what i have going on is my truck will fire once and then gets no fuel.

Ok. This ^^is what threw me off. Get something that will check RP and start there.

*dixistar* 01-14-2012 01:44 PM

My quadzilla was making my truck do that it blew the pressure relief valve and then it shorted out for. No reason. May not be ur prob but def something to look at

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 842012)
Your plv is leaking or a high pressure fuel leak. It's on the fuel rail, next to the rail sensor. Remove the banjo bolt and check. If fuel is present, it's shot, if not, you got a high pressure fuel leak or an injector that's bad.

Fuel is. Always going to be ther its part of the return, the only good way to test the pressure relief valve is to run a rail pressure ramp test it has to hold at least 28k at 1800 rpm