Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Burnout (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/8882-burnout.html)

jimbow 01-24-2008 05:57 PM

Burnout

Hey guy's new to site and new to diesel.o6 mega ctd.Truck runs great.30,000 miles.Just installed a hypertech programmer(max energy).With all this extra power why can't i smoke the tires?When i do a brake torque it seems like the truck doesn't build up enough power,but it will launch when i take my foot off the brake,and brake the tires loose into 2nd.Am i doing something wrong or what.My truck will blow away my brother inlaws 03 psd but he can really smoke em.

2001shrtbedcummins 01-24-2008 06:02 PM

less brake pressure and more throttle...or...build up boost...let off and stab the brakes real quick and keep in the throttle.

Longhorn 01-24-2008 06:12 PM

I can smoke 35's with my 06 Mega, I think it may be technique more than anything....

DazedandConfused 01-24-2008 06:12 PM

They are set to defuel so you cant do a burnout. If yours is a 5.9 get with BD power and see if they have a anti defueling box for it.

2001shrtbedcummins 01-24-2008 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by DazedandConfused (Post 109110)
They are set to defuel so you cant do a burnout. If yours is a 5.9 get with BD power and see if they have a anti defueling box for it.

my dad's 04.5 can burn em like nobodies business. I just think it's technique.

DazedandConfused 01-24-2008 06:25 PM

All the autos we have messed with defuel like no other trying to brake torque them.

2001shrtbedcummins 01-24-2008 06:44 PM

I know the 47re will defuel, but you can get a 48 to spin em.

jimbow 01-24-2008 08:40 PM

Thanks for the input.I will keep trying.I never had a problem with my gas trucks.Since i put the programmer on it feels so much stronger and definately faster.Its just hard to believe with all this extra power i cant do it.When i take my foot off the brake it really launches.It sure acts like its defueling.How do i fix the defueling?Ive seen other 05 and 06 cummins do great burnouts.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Hey Longhorn,could you smoke them before your mods? Thanks guys. The ford guys have just been picking on the ctd lately. But i can still dust em. Defueling box?

By the way shrtbedcummins,she is awesome

2001shrtbedcummins 01-24-2008 08:50 PM

Oh lol, at first I was like...who, thank Longhorn, he resized it for me so it would fit.

Longhorn 01-24-2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by jimbow (Post 109205)
Thanks for the input.I will keep trying.I never had a problem with my gas trucks.Since i put the programmer on it feels so much stronger and definately faster.Its just hard to believe with all this extra power i cant do it.When i take my foot off the brake it really launches.It sure acts like its defueling.How do i fix the defueling?Ive seen other 05 and 06 cummins do great burnouts.

Hey Longhorn,could you smoke them before your mods? Thanks guys. The ford guys have just been picking on the ctd lately. But i can still dust em. Defueling box?

By the way shrtbedcummins,she is awesome

Couldnt even THINK about it....well thats not true, I thought about it lots just couldnt do it. I dont have much for mods, air, exhaust, Edge EZ...