Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   INJECTOR QUESTION (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/87130-injector-question.html)

helton87 12-02-2011 10:43 AM

INJECTOR QUESTION

i just found out that my #4 injector is DONE:argh: and the rest are on their way out....... i have 209,000miles on the truck and i just need to limp it along until late january (i deploy in the begining of feb to afghan for a year). It takes about 30 to 45 seconds to start when its cold, do you think i should change just #4 or let it go untill i get the money and have a friend of mine do all of them while im gone?(no labor cost, just a 30pack:tu:)

K80 12-02-2011 12:27 PM

I would do them all at one shot if you suspect they are all on they way out. But that's just me. :c:

helton87 12-02-2011 12:49 PM

Im planning on selling it before i leave because i bought the truck a month ago and whoever owned it before me treated it like crap! i had to replace the rear rotars, brakes, and one calaper. i had to rebuild the transfer case and install a new chain because it was ran dry, i have also replaced all 4 ball joints in the front and 3 tie rod ends. the block heater cord and the 7 pin plug for trailer lights and brakes and the radiator has a leak. i was going off of the honesty of this dealership because i only paid 10,100 and it still lists for 16,900 so i thought i was catching a good deal and now im thinking of selling it and making a little profit and buying something that was taken care of. what do you think?:humm:

Klickster102 12-02-2011 10:52 PM

you should and you shouldnt sell it, because now you have installed all those new parts and know whats good and whats bad. if i was you i would just keep it, if you find something else who knows what condition it will be in and when everything was replaced, the one you buy could turn out to need all new brakes and ball joints and tierods. up to you man haha

helton87 12-06-2011 03:22 PM

just had the truck pluged in and found out #4 is done and #5 is on the way out. i have 2 on their way. im going to replace them and sell it before i deploy so it doesnt sit for a year, let somebody else get some use out of it and ill just get another when i get back.

TRESTER 12-08-2011 07:52 AM

Im in the same boat with my truck.

dangerous1965 12-08-2011 08:22 AM

I'll give you 12 for it!

helton87 12-08-2011 08:28 AM

No thanks, the dealership would offer more than that. but after alot of time to think about it i have made up my mind and i am going to keep it because KXTRAP43 made a good point. if i have already done all of this work i know what i have in it and there is a great chance i will have to do it all over again. plus i dont want to spend $20,000 for what i already have. but thank you everybody

also the starter went out the other day and i installed a new one and it cranks faster than crap!! it only takes me about 5seconds to start but i did find out that the #4 injector is cracked because when i take off in second and dont hit the throttle just let out on the clutch i leave a little bit of black smoke out and the truck is stock!

K80 12-12-2011 06:23 AM

That thing has bad luck in it. Fix her up and good luck.

helton87 12-12-2011 09:10 AM

na, it was just the prior owner. he didnt treat her very well but im taking care of her now. and thanks!