Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   What Is This???? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/85831-what.html)

muddyjoe15 11-07-2011 06:01 PM

What Is This????

4 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

Was curious at to why there was a swithc and a single led sticking in the dash of my new truck. I decided to pop off the panel below the steering wheel, and this is what I found!!!! :scare2:

Its obviously a poorly done job, and it make me all :s:

I believe its an alarm system. Any help you guys can give me would be very appreciated.

I just want to get rid of this rats nest!!!

Thanks in advanced
TJM

Red_Rattler 11-07-2011 06:22 PM

Looks like the prev owner left you a nice lil present... :argh: That thing is connected to everything, time to start tracing out where the wires go

muddyjoe15 11-07-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Red_Rattler (Post 817896)
Looks like the prev owner left you a nice lil present... :argh: That thing is connected to everything, time to start tracing out where the wires go

Yea i have a tecnical manual for the truck so ill atleast know by the schematics which wires are supposed to be there!

Mr. Miyagi 11-07-2011 07:38 PM

Looks like an alarm, maybe even some remote start stuff on there.

It might work....find a reliable car audio shop near you, they might be able to decipher something and who know, maybe you'll have an alarm and remote start. ??

dangerous1965 11-08-2011 07:57 AM

If it works use it! Easy to find the last owners online give them a call and ask! They may even still have the remote!

NadirPoint 11-08-2011 08:39 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't condemn it right off. Wish my trucks had remote start. It's a nice feature on those really cold mornings when you can climb into a warm vehicle without frozen fingers from scraping ice and snow.

muddyjoe15 11-08-2011 07:33 PM

Well this afternoon i disconnected the box and it didnt make a bit of difference in the truck. I also found a ton of the wires going through firewall that dont connect to anything! Im just going to take my time and restore the factory wiring the best i can!

tyler_s18 11-08-2011 08:12 PM

i hate all them! rip it all out! an alarm usualy dosent tap into much of the factory harness. i dont know about remote start tho

muddyjoe15 11-09-2011 09:07 PM

Well tonight i cleaned it all up. It was really scary with all the wild sottering into random wires in harnesses and all the scotch locks (I HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!) Looks much much better under my dash!

helton87 11-15-2011 08:54 AM

it is a remote start, if you look at the box on the second picture it says "automatic transmissions only" its usually the first thing i look for when i find a weird box. there really nice if there done right! i had one on my 94 chevy 1500 and it was great!! it gets well below 0 and then we have wind chill where i live.