Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   UGH! My truck is doing it again! (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/84147-ugh-my-truck-doing-again.html)

Youngblood 10-05-2011 04:06 AM

UGH! My truck is doing it again!

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so back in june my truck started to act up. I would be going down the road and a bunch of warning lights would come on, the truck would start dining, and the speedo and tach would all drop to zero, the motor runs fine while this happens so it HAS to be electrical. But anyways I disconnected the batteries and let it sit overnight then in the morning reconnected them, solved the problem, never happened again. Until now, went out tonight to start my truck and it did it aagin. So i shut the truck off and fired her back up, no problems. so went into town and was on the highway on my way back home and it started doing it at 70mph, I'm including a pic i took of my gauge cluster while it was happening. And to add, it would do it in like 2 second increments. the truck would ding, the dash would act up, then back to normal, ding again, and the dash would act up and so on. it did it about 6 times before stopping. I'm to the point i am frustrated beyond belief and frankly getting tired of this. Dealer can't figure it out and I'm out of ideas.

Picture should be attached.

dangerous1965 10-05-2011 08:43 AM

Clean your battery connections

NadirPoint 10-05-2011 11:29 AM

TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module)

Just a WAG (Wild-Assed Guess)

Youngblood 10-09-2011 03:30 PM

Well i cleaned the battery terminals and cable connections, and it now only does it like twice when i first start the truck up. Anyone else have any ideas?

kylemckay 10-10-2011 02:11 PM

does the dash say (no bus) sometimes when this happens? sounds like the j1850 is shorting to ground

Youngblood 10-13-2011 02:55 AM

no it doesn't ever say no bus

Red Mega 10-13-2011 07:43 PM

Codes?

Youngblood 10-14-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Red Mega (Post 809569)
Codes?

None :dang:

dcpowell17 10-16-2011 06:44 PM

I think it is a bus issue as well. The bus signal wire is in the itigrated power module. It is a .5 volt reference signal for gauges, a/c module, overhead console. Mine had pulled slightly loose and was killing gauges and my a/c module. Examine your integrated power module very closely from the under side. Make sure they are all making good connections.

Youngblood 10-24-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by dcpowell17 (Post 810470)
I think it is a bus issue as well. The bus signal wire is in the itigrated power module. It is a .5 volt reference signal for gauges, a/c module, overhead console. Mine had pulled slightly loose and was killing gauges and my a/c module. Examine your integrated power module very closely from the under side. Make sure they are all making good connections.

Where is the module located?