Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Shocks?!?!?!?! (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/82453-shocks.html)

MrSandman818 09-06-2011 01:27 PM

Shocks?!?!?!?!

In my many attemptes to stop the bounceing on my truck its finally led me to replaceing the shocks. Everything else helped a little here and there but the problem still persists. My truck spends 99% of her life on the highway. When I do go offroad its only to slowly pull my toyhauler to a good spot to go dirtbiking. So I dont think I need some fancy triple bypass shock. But I could be wrong. All I really want is something that will give me the best ride quality when im going down the road. So any imput about brands and their specific shocks would be great. Thanks for all the help guys!:c:

seafish 09-06-2011 02:15 PM

Either the Bilstein 5100 or the Bilstein HD are very good shocks for our trucks!!

The Bilstein HD are yellow and blue and are valved specifically for our stock trucks.
The 5100's are silver and black, are available for diffrent lift height ranges (including stock height to 2" lift), and may ride a little stiffer then the HD's.

I hate to say it, but since EVERYTHING on my truck is white, silver or black, I actually chose the 5100's over the HD's for the color :w2: BUT they are also an EXCELLENT shock. :jump:

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Of course, upgrading to a larger diameter piston shock, like the Bilstein 2.25 or the King or Fox, could ONLY help, given the weight of our trucks, but you are talking WAY more $$$. then the 5100s or HD.

1AMatt 09-07-2011 01:26 PM

X2 on the Bilstein 5100s :tu: Just helped put a set in this weekend with some new aftermarket control arms. Truck rides great!

dalton06 09-12-2011 03:25 AM

I hear only good things about the blistens. I made the mistake of getting the stupid rancho adjustable ones. Truck still rides like crap most of the time.

NadirPoint 09-12-2011 07:32 AM

I'm putting new 3" progressive coils, 5100s and Thuren arms on mine, soon as the arms show up. Hoping that will solve my ride quality complaint.

dalton06 09-12-2011 08:02 AM

Is there and better set of the leaf springs? My brother in law has a 2010 f350 and the rear things are made smartly. Instead of being completely stiff and compressing all of the leafs at the same time, there is 1 that is softer for highway light loads. It rides 10x better than mine.

MrSandman818 09-13-2011 10:59 AM

My buddies f250 that has a 10.5" lift and 44's has the "soft ride" leafs from donahue racing I think. I thought it was going to be nicer than my truck till I drove it. JESUS H CHRIST was it a rough ride. His leaf pack up front is like 12 leafs or something crazy. It looks as thick as the ones on the old dump trucks before airbags were the cats meow.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Those Bilstein's are spendy too! Wheres a cheap place to get em?

CHEMMINS 09-13-2011 10:04 PM

If you want the proper springs for your truck, call up Deaver. They are the best in the business. They will only sell you what you need for your app. They will ask lots of questions about the truck though. Like weight, towing weight, suspension travel, vehicle usage, etc.

MrSandman818 09-14-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by CHEMMINS (Post 798371)
If you want the proper springs for your truck, call up Deaver. They are the best in the business. They will only sell you what you need for your app. They will ask lots of questions about the truck though. Like weight, towing weight, suspension travel, vehicle usage, etc.

Speeeendy!

CHEMMINS 09-17-2011 10:52 PM

Yeah, deavers are a lil spendy, but well worth it if you really want the best ride/use out of your truck.