Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   05 cr having all sorts of problems Help please (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/82427-05-cr-having-all-sorts-problems-help-please.html)

*dixistar* 09-05-2011 09:06 PM

05 cr having all sorts of problems Help please

I have a 05 cr dually with propane injection and thanks to the dodge dealership a new injection pump lift pump and all kinds of sensors i didnt need. The truck randomly dies and blacksmokes bad at idle
And wont pull itself up a hill. I am assuming its injectors but it cost 60 bucks a pop to check em. If anyone has some insight to this problem i could use the help. Thanks

cummin_un_glued 09-05-2011 09:34 PM

sounds like injectors to me also with the black smoke and lack of power

dangerous1965 09-06-2011 08:30 AM

Boost leak? What numbers are you seeing? Clogged air filter, Turbo shot? Black smoke excessive fuel.

*dixistar* 09-06-2011 05:06 PM

no codes checked the boost lines any way to check them on the truck besides taking each wire off

Youngblood 09-06-2011 06:59 PM

Rev your truck to like 3k and then let the RPm's come down, if they come down in steps then it's an injector problem. But aslong as they come down at a consistent rate i don't think it would be your injectors, i would start looking towards your turbo. faulty turbo will cause tons of smoke because it would ruin your fuel/air ratio, not too mention a big power loss.

AHolt 09-06-2011 07:26 PM

Most people seeing injector problems, are seeing white
smoke. I agree with above, turbo or boost leak.

*dixistar* 09-06-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Youngblood (Post 795387)
Rev your truck to like 3k and then let the RPm's come down, if they come down in steps then it's an injector problem. But aslong as they come down at a consistent rate i don't think it would be your injectors, i would start looking towards your turbo. faulty turbo will cause tons of smoke because it would ruin your fuel/air ratio, not too mention a big power loss.

Ok i noticed it surges bad down and it smokes bad at idle when it gets warm it wont start without either. It does surge when i rev it up. So if it is injectors were is the best place to get some maby 90horse or rebuilds. Thanks for your help:c:

cummin_un_glued 09-06-2011 09:47 PM

surge, no start, smoke = injector problem and i can get you 50 90 or 120hp rebuilds

Youngblood 09-07-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by *dixistar* (Post 795410)
Ok i noticed it surges bad down and it smokes bad at idle when it gets warm it wont start without either. It does surge when i rev it up. So if it is injectors were is the best place to get some maby 90horse or rebuilds. Thanks for your help:c:

No problem glad i could help, and Cummin_un_glued can help ya with the rebuild :tu: