Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Fuel Additives (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/80674-fuel-additives.html)

MoparOrNoCar 08-03-2011 01:10 PM

Fuel Additives

What's up guys?! I have some questions about fuel additives. I was wondering which one is the best to use first of all and also how often should they be used? Are they really that beneficial? Thanks for the time guys.

K80 08-03-2011 01:55 PM

I use stanadyne's performace formula. I would trust them first since they specialize in fuel injection.

Performance Formula - Stanadyne

BACONBITSFORU 08-03-2011 02:34 PM

Here take a look at this. Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums The point of it is to Lube the fuel. Ultra low sulfur is like sand paper running through your injectors and IP. The use of a additive helps with getting the lube back in the fuel. Also cleans the injectors and raises combustion. I run some with every tank! Im trying to find bio fuel but till then I use Opti-Lube XPD. Good Luck :c:

joestang350 08-10-2011 04:48 PM

Lucas additives get my vote.... Always had good results with them.

coors_man_2005 08-10-2011 05:16 PM

thats all i put in mine is lucas and 2 stroke oil

akhappyjack 08-13-2011 09:21 PM

howles fuel additive works good, also marvel mystery oil

steved 08-18-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by BACONBITSFORU (Post 782267)
Here take a look at this. Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums The point of it is to Lube the fuel. Ultra low sulfur is like sand paper running through your injectors and IP. The use of a additive helps with getting the lube back in the fuel. Also cleans the injectors and raises combustion. I run some with every tank! Im trying to find bio fuel but till then I use Opti-Lube XPD. Good Luck :c:

One thing to note about that "study" is that the baseline fuel used was un-additized ULSD...you don't get un-additized ULSD at the pump. The numbers are deceiving if you are solely basing the "dryness" of the fuel on that study. It would have been better if they had done a test on a single "from the pump" sample of ULSD.

The real answer is this: additives are not necessary if you run good fuel from a reputable source.

There are also some that believe running too much additive can actually cause more damage than good.

NadirPoint 08-18-2011 01:56 PM

Reputable sources come and go. I don't trust what comes out of the pump - any pump.

steved 08-18-2011 02:03 PM

And no additive is going to protect from bad fuel...

NadirPoint 08-18-2011 02:21 PM

Who or what guarantees your "additized" fuel? Got a link or reference cite?

(And OBTW FYI, just because the EPA says they gotta do it doesn't necessarily make it so.)