Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Offer made on my truck. (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/65729-offer-made-my-truck.html)

dieseldude03 12-26-2010 08:30 AM

My brother's best friend has made me a $20,000 cash offer for the truck in my sig. The truck is my daily driver and has 116,000 miles on the clock. No rust. Couple scratches and dings in the tail gate and back bumper but otherwise clean and well taken care of.

I've been considering selling it before friggin diesel fuel hits $5.00 a gallon (again) and the value of diesel trucks hits the skids (again) but I like the damn thing! Don't do much trailer tugging anymore and most of what I do do could be done with a 1/2-ton gasser:scare2:.

So what do ya folks think? Unload it and pocket the money or keep it, enjoy it and grin and bear the 5-dollar fuel and 1/2 value?

Black Smoke Mafia 12-26-2010 08:41 AM

Thats a damn good price no doubt! Probably 10 grand more than you'll get from a dealer, but keep in mind those 03's are extremely popular, and in two or three years when you want a diesl again, you may be stuck with a new one with emissions!
Gotta keep in mind that when diesel prices go up so will gas prices. You can always get a big tank and buy a bunch of fuel while it's cheap. If you decide to do that you can then scare the hell out of your neighbors by putting up a couple big whatch towers and tall fence screaming big brothers whatching us!!!! Thats always good for a few weeks of entertainment!

sabortooth 12-26-2010 08:50 AM

Its like any other toy, if thats what you want, and you enjoy the ride then you will bear the exspense. If you cant afford it, well, enough said...

cumminscontrol 12-26-2010 08:53 AM

keep it :tu:

nissan720 12-26-2010 09:42 AM

I would keep it:ok1:

dieseldude03 12-26-2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by sabortooth (Post 674556)
Its like any other toy, if thats what you want, and you enjoy the ride then you will bear the exspense. If you cant afford it, well, enough said...

Oh I can afford it. It's just the idea of paying a dollar more per gallon for fuel like I did in 2008 that really frosts my cheerios. I'm already paying a $.50 premium for diesel fuel vs. gas now and it'll only get worse this year. One of those damn economic analysts "predicted" gas at $3.75 a gallon by spring. That's like giving 'em permission to take it that high and will likely put diesel around $4.50 a gallon and take several thousand dollars off the value of any diesel truck.

cummins freak 12-26-2010 01:59 PM

I say take it buy a 12v for a toy and a hauler and when ever ya need a 3/4-1ton and a nice dodge hemi 1/2 ton for DDing

two for one. Id do it in a heart beat

boosted90saleen 12-26-2010 11:00 PM

You know I did exactly what you are thinking of doing but 2 years earlier because we got rid of the quads, trailer and I thought well I don't need that big of a truck anymore I'll get a smaller one so I sold it and when the lady drove it off my credit union parking lot I turned to my wife and said that truck is the one I'm gonna regret selling for the rest of my life!!!! and I DO!!!!! Worst thing is we moved to the town where the lady lived when she bought the truck... I see it probably once a week and it pisses me off to see how she has ruined the truck!!! There's dents all over, covered in mud she drives it like she stole it even when it's loaded with a ton of hay in the bed!!! I sold it for a pretty penny but it was immaculate 2002 with 52k mi. and everything was tastefully done, now it looks worse than a turd floating in a toilet bowl!!!I just now bought a 2005 with 48k and I will never sell it!!! I say don't sell it; If you are anything like me you will regret it!!!

bluedieselram 12-27-2010 12:49 PM

keep it

SaltwateR.CowboY 12-27-2010 02:51 PM

Nice truck. Id probably keep it :tu: