Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   The Day My Tranny Died (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/5203-day-my-tranny-died.html)

spike7ss 09-27-2007 08:12 AM

This is one of the few times I was able to limp a broken truck to a shop instead of on the back of a deck.

Last tow bill was almost $3000 for me to get home with my other truck

DazedandConfused 09-27-2007 09:11 AM

That is were good friends come in handy. My buddy drove two hours one was with a gooseneck to pick me up and after two hours loading mine we drove back home two hours.

jasonfriedlin 09-27-2007 09:12 AM

Last tow bill was almost $3000 for me to get home with my other truck
Howe far way from home were you?

Maj Easy 09-27-2007 12:27 PM

they are way understaffed like everyone in Alberta right now.
not trying to be offensive:

what's the deal in canada?
1. has every one gone to the oil patch to work? eh
2. has the canadain government run everybody down south of the border? i've heard your goverment is dumber than dirt... eh
3. is it because the prices of everything in canada is a rip-off? eh
4. is it because all the women are either whores or hockey players? Eh
5. is it because everyone says Eh after every sentence Eh

this one will really get me trouble:
why would anyone buy a pick-up with a slush box in it? Eh

so what's the deal? Eh!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

when global warming kicks-in canada will be a great place to visit year around...eh

spike7ss 09-28-2007 03:20 PM

maj easy, its "Eh" not "hey"

:U:

Last break down was with my truck, and trailer hauling a car, from Ft. Nelson BC to Edmonton, AB

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Dealership phoned me today, told me my truck is on the hoist and parts are on there way. Tranny is pooched. Will get it back in a few days, which is good considering it was suppiosed to be looked at on this tuesday

Johnny Cetane 09-28-2007 04:31 PM

well hell maybe you'll have a running driving truck by the time they were just going to start looking at it.

Patrick@DPP 09-30-2007 07:24 AM

Do yourself a favor and get a Dunrite valve body in there once you get the truck back. If you dont do anything else the valve body will help your clutchs live longer.

snowball 09-30-2007 09:48 PM

Don't know what you guys do to your trucks. My 04 2500 auto tows 14000 lb trailer everyday (gross wt 21000 lbs) around town,lots of stop and go, and still going strong at 178000 km. Had 75000 on it when I bought it 2.5 years ago. I would certainly buy another auto.

GSM-01 10-01-2007 06:03 PM

I had 232k miles on my originial tranny and all I did was a VB. Dunrite is also the way to go in my eyes, I believe its what made that truck live and in the end the front seal was what went and we just decided to do the whole tranny, though there were more miles in it. Just got another truck and waiting to get more parts for it and dunrite will be in the tranny.

spike7ss 10-03-2007 12:02 AM

I got my truck back today, boy is it nice to be driving a 3500 apposed to a SX 2.0.

They put a rebuilt tranny in the truck. I am hoping to get a bit more than 90km outta this tranny. I am quite impressed how fast it was all done condsidering the shortage of workers and increased work load for everyone out here.