Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   NEED HELP PLEEEEEEASE!!!! Torque converter (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/49844-need-help-pleeeeeease-torque-converter.html)

Reconn1 04-29-2010 09:37 PM

NEED HELP PLEEEEEEASE!!!! Torque converter

Alright guys, new to here, and I've seen another post simular to this, but please give any info you may have. I have a 2006 Cummins, 48re, 6" lift, 35's, 5" exhaust, S&B CAI, Edge Juice w/ Attitude. It seems my torque converter is locking up....again. When shifting from park, to reverse or drive, it wants to take off. It shifts perfect and drives fine over 5mph, but boggs down engine when coming to a stop, or keeping brake applied when shifting into reverse or drive. Idles fine when in park and neutral.

It did this for the first time a few months ago, and I was given advice that it was my Torque Converter Lock-up Solenoid. I replaced the Lock-up/Overdrive Solenoid pack and wiring harness, removing the valve body to do so. Has been working perfect since then till the other day when it started locking up again. I replaced the solenoid pack again today, but problem still there. I have unhooked Edge kit, but still locking up.

I have been told by a buddy that worked for a tranny shop that it's an electrical problem, but was unable to elaborate. And my CEL isn't on, or any codes showing on the Edge. If any of you have any other advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Hitting the road on Wednesday and need this fixed.......please help!

dangerous1965 04-29-2010 10:29 PM

If the truck is not stalling out when you come to a stop the TQ is not fully locked which makes me think it's partially engaged which may mean it's toast. I assume it's not under warranty anymore so if it's stock it has to go anyway! Call Dave at goerend and explain the issue he will walk you thru it and then buy a TQ and Valvebody from him!!

Reconn1 04-30-2010 05:56 AM

Not the best news I could have heard, but it's what I was assuming. And no, it doesn't stall out. It just sits there building more and more pressure, and I can actually watch my boost gauge rise. Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to follow-up on it tomorrow.

The first time it did this it was on and off for about a week before I replaced the solenoid pack, and it ran perfect for the last few months. But this time it just started locking, and didnt stop, so I replaced the solenoid pack again. It wasn't locking up like it was for a while when I was test driving, but then started again.

If I let it sit in drive or reverse while holding the brake, then shift into neutral or park, my rpm's shoot way up for a second. And the wheels feel like they will brake loose if I dont do something. I always thought TCs slip when failing?

bump......