Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Which Turbo Are You Using (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/4392-turbo-you-using.html)

BDPowerDave 08-28-2007 10:11 AM

Which Turbo Are You Using

This should be a great poll to the never ending debate on what turbo(s) you are running and why you prefer it/them?

staarma 08-28-2007 11:20 AM

I'm using an HTT 62/71/13 ss so I picked other. I originally bought an HTB2 for the price and performance. Was very happy with it then I wanted more and bigger. They allowed me to do that for a few bucks and they ended up sending me a whole new turbo. They have been great to work with and I couldn't be happier.

emp1134 08-31-2007 02:25 PM

I am running stock for now, but I eventually want to get a set twins setup for towing.

BDPowerDave 08-31-2007 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by emp1134 (Post 51495)
I am running stock for now, but I eventually want to get a set twins setup for towing.

Thanks for participating, let me know if you need any help.

I can quote you a forum member price if you like, PM me if you are interested. Are you aware that you can build the Super B Twins in two stages, if you purchase the Super B Single it is a simple upgrade to twins at a later date.

cashwheel 09-01-2007 12:28 AM

Well whatever you sell him you have to sell me something just a little better, I cant let that guy out do me.:w2:

really I'm planing a pretty large set of twins thats still somewhat drivable on the street, if its quirky thats ok.

dieseljunkie 09-03-2007 04:48 PM

I'm running stock right now, but would like to eventually do the super B so I can upgrade to twins down the road a ways.
Scott

scrappy 09-04-2007 12:23 AM

TAD B1-04

BDPowerDave 09-04-2007 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by dieseljunkie (Post 52665)
I'm running stock right now, but would like to eventually do the super B so I can upgrade to twins down the road a ways.
Scott

Thanks for your interest in our twins, PM me if you need pricing.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by cashwheel (Post 51816)
Well whatever you sell him you have to sell me something just a little better, I cant let that guy out do me.:w2:

really I'm planing a pretty large set of twins thats still somewhat drivable on the street, if its quirky thats ok.

Well I got to keep it fair.. LOL remember large turbos are not necessarily what you need, efficiency is what you want, that is what will let you play and keep it streetable.

skynyrd 10-09-2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by staarma (Post 50175)
I'm using an HTT 62/71/13 ss so I picked other. I originally bought an HTB2 for the price and performance. Was very happy with it then I wanted more and bigger. They allowed me to do that for a few bucks and they ended up sending me a whole new turbo. They have been great to work with and I couldn't be happier.

hey staarma how is the lag on that turbo i have been thinking about going with the same turbo then using it down the road for a set of twins with a k-31

staarma 10-11-2007 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by skynyrd (Post 62081)
hey staarma how is the lag on that turbo i have been thinking about going with the same turbo then using it down the road for a set of twins with a k-31

I don't experience any lag at all. But I do have quite a few extras that help alleviate any lag if it were present. I have an intake horn, IC, 5" turbo back exhaust and an exhaust manifold along with a stage 2 AFE. Also, enough fuel off the bottom to spool it. My plans were to use this turbo in a set of twins some day as well but I like this turbo so much I'm not sure I will have to go that route.