5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

how do i get to 12+sec quarter mile times

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i get to 12+sec quarter mile times

i want to get as close to 12 sec quarter mile times as cheeply as possable and still get decent fuel milage out of my 06 , i currently have a juice /w additude and 4'' turbo back straight pipe going to do a intake soon.
what else do i need ? im sure ill fry the trans but i still have 40k miles of warrentry left , so whatever i do i kinda need to be able to undoo in a couple of hours .
also i seem to be getting what seems to me whorable milage 14 to 16.5 . i am running 35'' tires . can i get better , or is it ggoing to get worse?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

Programmer
Sticks
Turbo
Traction bars
exhaust
intake
Converter
VB
Billit Shafts

Good luck doing reliably for less then $12,500 And I dont see you doing it anyway that will allow you to still have a warranty. And I dont see a Stock tranny doing a 12 sec run.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 264 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by RSWORDS
Programmer
Sticks
Turbo
Traction bars
exhaust
intake
Converter
VB
Billit Shafts

Good luck doing reliably for less then $12,500 And I dont see you doing it anyway that will allow you to still have a warranty. And I dont see a Stock tranny doing a 12 sec run.
Well said Bobby..

Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

im sur einjctors wouldnt hurt either!!!! and most ikely you;ll be getting worse gas mileage running 12's... it also wont be the most reliable thig either.. a god start, and something to keep the warranty would be cold air intake, exhaust, programmer (bullydog/smarty) and injectors. those things right there add at least a good 150 horsepower... easy to install/easy to remove....

Last edited by midnite><og; 03-03-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Diesel Fan

ok. what should i get first ? i planned on stacking a smarty w/ my juice, got intake and exhaust . should injectors be next?

Old 03-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Go RAVENS!!!!!!!!!
Received 229 Likes on 113 Posts

Transmission, Transmission, Transmission!
Smarty, TST stack seems to work really well. Bigger turbo, injectors & did i say transmission?
If your worried about your warranty then you might as well forget about your plans.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Diesel Fan

well i have 52k got a etended on the truck and had trans issues already , and it still doesnt act right , so i was hoping it would go out soon so i could upgrade a new trans instead of one that i dont trust . smarty and the juice ia how im stacking since i have the juice already.
what will i have to do to the trans ?
thanks
oh and forgive the ignorance , new to diesels ... but addicted already.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
BOMBARDIER

Received 918 Likes on 537 Posts

For your transmission Call Goerend Goerend Transmission Incorporated and ask for Dave. you will most lickly have to leave a message for him but he will call you back. be 100% honest about what yuo have done, what you plan on doing, and what the truck is for. He will get you set-up. Wont sell you stuff you don't need and he stands behind his products. I'm running soem of his stuff and it is awesome!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 264 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by midnite><og
im sur einjctors wouldnt hurt either!!!! and most ikely you;ll be getting worse gas mileage running 12's... it also wont be the most reliable thig either.. a god start, and something to keep the warranty would be cold air intake, exhaust, programmer (bullydog/smarty) and injectors. those things right there add at least a good 150 horsepower... easy to install/easy to remove....

Thats what "sticks" are.. just another name for Injectors.

Its always good to go Gauges and Trans first.. I know that we all wanna just plug and play and go fast, but the first thing to wear out is a Trans. Gauges are a MUST.. you MUST have some way of monitoring your vitals.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Diesel Fan

i agree tran is the way to go i broke three trannys trying to make big power before I learnd my leason

Quick Reply: how do i get to 12+sec quarter mile times