Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Blower Motor - bad sounds (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/22347-blower-motor-bad-sounds.html)

Jesse James 02-13-2009 08:03 PM

Blower Motor - bad sounds

90% of the time when my blower for the heater and A/C, in the cab of my 2005 ram has a whine or a loud HUMMM, it getts louder the higher speed itd on. Has any one else had this problem and what was it. I think its the blower motor going out, thanks

wildbill 02-14-2009 01:02 AM

Got a bushing that's burned up.

cummins tech 02-20-2009 01:39 AM

PULL UR BLOWER MOTOR AND LOCK INSIDE OF IT. MICE LIKE TO GET UP IN THERE AND PUT THINGS IN THE BLOWER MOTOR. THIS WILL CAUSE THE BLOWER MOTOR TO BE OUT OF BALACNE AND MAKE FUNNY NOISES

ARAJRR 10-07-2009 09:18 PM

remove the blower motor and look in it there is a door that breaks inside duct, I've seen three so far I need to know what the door does myself.

wolfpack 10-15-2009 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by ARAJRR (Post 407091)
remove the blower motor and look in it there is a door that breaks inside duct, I've seen three so far I need to know what the door does myself.

That is what I'm guessing too, the blend door was broke on mine when I bought it. It was $25 and about 20 minutes to change it out.

12vcummins96 10-15-2009 02:38 PM

sounds like the motor has a bad bushing

richie waddell 10-18-2009 11:00 AM

my 06 done something very similar so i pulled the motor out and when i did i found one of the directional doors had broken off and fell down in front of the wrong air way

workhard.playhard 10-19-2009 06:52 PM

I had the same thing happen to my '06. One of the hinges on the blend air door broke off and fell into the basket of the blower fan which caused the whole cabin to sound like an airplane. The good news is Dodge makes a whole new piece to replace the existing door. The bad news is you have to take the whole dash apart to replace it. I started to do it myself and could not donate the time it takes to complete the job. I took it to our mechanic and he had five hours into the job. Unless someone else found an easier way to fix it, it's not cheap.

wolfpack 10-25-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by workhard.playhard (Post 414111)
I had the same thing happen to my '06. One of the hinges on the blend air door broke off and fell into the basket of the blower fan which caused the whole cabin to sound like an airplane. The good news is Dodge makes a whole new piece to replace the existing door. The bad news is you have to take the whole dash apart to replace it. I started to do it myself and could not donate the time it takes to complete the job. I took it to our mechanic and he had five hours into the job. Unless someone else found an easier way to fix it, it's not cheap.

You have to buy the whole housing from Dodge, but you only have to replace the door to fix it. The housings are identical and just changing the door and servo was about 25 mins. and that was with testing and putting the tools away.

workhard.playhard 10-26-2009 05:58 PM

Interesting...the Dodge dealership told me that they had a lot of problems with the '06 blend doors and so they redesigned the housing so the problem would not happen again. I don't even know you, but for some reason I trust you more then the dealership. There is $500 bucks out of my pocket in labor. What a crock!!!