Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   a few questions (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/18152-few-questions.html)

Stacked03 11-07-2008 07:44 PM

a few questions

Has any one seen side pipes on our trucks? I just saw them and love them so far, does anyone know where I can get them or maybe can I convert my stacks into side pipes? Also any tranny suggestions? Im runnin an open exhaust into stacks, cold air exhaust, and banks six gun. Banks T/C is in there but the rest of the tranny sucks and slipps. 3rd bounces the rev limiter if my foot is to the floor. Lastly does anyone else have squeeky brakes even when your not on them, and does anyone elses sound like a machine gun when you really get one them?

06 DIESEL 11-08-2008 06:23 AM

As for the trans I bet it is time to do a band adjustment. My brakes squeek when I use them but that is going to change soon hopefully. Have you looked at them closely, youmight have a rock in them if they are squeeking all the time, or you might have a stuck caliper. Sounds like that thing needs to make a trip to the cave some time.

stkdram55 11-08-2008 07:11 AM

yeah check your calipers make sure they aint sticking, you could turn your stacks into side pipes , im assuming your talking like the old vette's had...if you have turn outs it will be cleaner looking but the only problem i can see is getting it under the frame rail especially on the driver side but anything is possible if ya put some thought into it:5:

the whole machine gun sound im guessing is its bouncing off the rev limiter or your running out of fuel, do you have an after market lift pump...AirDog, Fass etc??

Stacked03 11-08-2008 10:58 AM

well the machine gun sounds is actually comming from the brakes when I really lay on them. I definatly need to get back to the cave, I just need to get some cash for repairs. Im thinkin just like the vettes for the pipes. Im gonna have to do some measurements for the pipes. Do you all at the cave know how to do the bands? I dont have a clue!!

06 DIESEL 11-08-2008 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stacked03 (Post 233500)
well the machine gun sounds is actually comming from the brakes when I really lay on them. I definatly need to get back to the cave, I just need to get some cash for repairs. Im thinkin just like the vettes for the pipes. Im gonna have to do some measurements for the pipes. Do you all at the cave know how to do the bands? I dont have a clue!!

Leonard has done them and I have a full service manual for a 06, should be the same info for a 03.

Stacked03 11-09-2008 03:46 PM

you guys rock!!

Heath 11-10-2008 11:20 AM

Speaking of sqeaky brakes, mine squeak only when applying. I changed all pads and it went away for a week or so and now it's back. Is there something that could be wrong with the rotors causing this???
It's tickin me off. Expensive brakes and not fixed!!

stkdram55 11-10-2008 11:35 AM

even if your rotors were warped or what ever it shouldnt really cause a squeaking noise, i might pull the rotors and make sure there isnt dirt or something stuck in there:humm:

MRaynor 11-10-2008 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Heath (Post 234178)
Speaking of sqeaky brakes, mine squeak only when applying. I changed all pads and it went away for a week or so and now it's back. Is there something that could be wrong with the rotors causing this???
It's tickin me off. Expensive brakes and not fixed!!

Mine does this when they get even the slightest amount of dust on the rotor. (front) It drives me nuts. :argh:

Stacked03 11-15-2008 09:12 AM

MRaynor.... that is one NASTY truck man, I think Im in lust!! LOL