Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Which fuel filter to buy? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/17678-fuel-filter-buy.html)

ROCKITV8 10-24-2008 05:41 AM

Which fuel filter to buy?

I have been told FLEETGARD is a good filter, but what about others? How does WIX filters rate? I have been told by a bunch of people not to use FRAM as they tend to fall apart. I need to get one soon and can't find anyone around Youngstown, Ohio that carries Fleetgard, would a truck dealership carry these?
Thanks

bigdaddydiesel 10-24-2008 06:23 AM

I don't know what everyone else uses, but I use the Fleetgard and have had no issues to speak of...

06 DIESEL 10-24-2008 06:37 AM

I use all Fleetguard here and have never had an issue with them. You can buy them through Geno's for a pretty good price also.

06Dodge 10-24-2008 01:29 PM

Baldwin PF 7977 it filters down to 5 micron the Fleetguard is a 7 micron. As for Wix some of there filters are 10 micron and some are 7 micron and you need to use a 7 micron or smaller and the filter needs to be able to remove water from your fuel like the Baldwin and Fleetguard do. Baldwin PF7977 is nominal at 1-2 microns and absolute at 5 microns. Absolute is 98.7% efficiency and nominal is 50% efficiency. One other thing Wix will not tell anyone if there filter will remove water so I would not take a chance and one it in my truck. Oh I run the Baldwin filter with out any problems. Also I can buy Baldwin cheaper locally then i can a Fleetguard from Genos and pay shipping.

MegaMan 10-24-2008 04:08 PM

I'm running Baldwin because of what I've read here. I can get Baldwin at my local truck & trailer shop too. Heard not so good things about Wix, they don't seem to be up to speed on the 7 micron requirement. If I'm not mistaken, Fleetguard is the OEM filter that you could get from the dealer. I can also get my OEM filters at my local Advance Auto Parts store, maybe you could check with them.

AlCorr 10-27-2008 07:56 AM

Baldwin PF7977 also.

89silverbullet 10-27-2008 08:09 AM

a cummins shop will hand you a fleetgaurd so thats why I use it. get to be friends with a son of a sales agent at cummins and get $4 fiters:rocking:

Kens_PS 10-27-2008 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by ROCKITV8 (Post 227822)
I have been told FLEETGARD is a good filter, but what about others? How does WIX filters rate? I have been told by a bunch of people not to use FRAM as they tend to fall apart. I need to get one soon and can't find anyone around Youngstown, Ohio that carries Fleetgard, would a truck dealership carry these?
Thanks

Our experience with the Dodge owners has been almost exclusively selling the Fleetguards to them, that's in part the main reason were able to negotiate a deal so that all Fleetguard orders over $75.00 would ship for free to those of you who can't find them locally, plus no sales tax if your outside of California. :U: